First indoor grow! Basic room set up.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by new guy ontario, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Good Morning GC. I am looking to start preparing my indoor grow space in a low clearance basement ( only 5ft height)
    It is not a finished basement and is in and older home with stone foundation concrete floors uneven, and a little dampness seeping through foundation as in alot of older homes nothing crazy though. Air is a little musty as well.

I have anywhere up to an 8x8x5 space to use.
    Question. How best to enclose and make air tight the environment i want to grow in ? Can i frame it out with just 2x2 wrap with plastic and use a reflective material inside? How best to ventilate with fresh air? Since air is musty. I have a window a can use to vent directly outside and drow fresh air in. But in winter do i want cold air directly entering my grow space? Or into a chamber to heat up first?

My plan was to have 2 grow spaces.... with an air chamber for warming fresh air but i seem to be getting in over my head for a first grow. I want it all at the start lol But realizing i just want to start with 4 plants and a grow space. How do i best accomplish this? T5 HO 6-8 BULB fixture for this low height?

Sorry a little overwhelming lol

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

2. Dampness is definitely a problem for gardening. Drawing cold winter air can also be problematic. Your vestibule idea may be helpful but not sure.

Here in the states, lowes has an excellent thin reflective insulation in rolls that I've often used stapled to 2x2 diy frames. Much more stable than store bought tents.

Shop around and you'll probably find some led tubes are comparably priced to flo's. More bang for the buck and some don't require ballasts. Just a couple of tombstone receptacles wired directly into to house current. Don't forget spectrum when shopping for lights.