First Indoor Grow BAGSEED & HASHBERRY

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by CJWEED, Jun 17, 2007.

1. hows it goin guys, im very new to this forum, ive recently just joined
    to get some problems solved with some sickly sprouts. So far i started
    out very shittily, i have only 1 plant going right now. Because this is
    only for personal consumption im not worried, i am however worried about
    it being a male. I started out with one room, i now have 2, so i have
    some hashberry sprouts in the new room.. i just got some seeds from
    grasscity.co.uk <-- very cheap seedbank, reliable too. Anyway, on
    goes the explanation:

I have a 4x4 growroom for my first plant (mexican bagseed)

4x4 growroom specs:

400 watt HPS Sun System light chained about 3 feet from my baby.

Pro-mix fert-free mix of which i added pearlite, vermiculite, a little
    dolomite, and obviously, watered the mix down.

Ive also went out and purchased some seltzer water, from what i
    understand, plants need CO2.. i dont have money for a CO2 tank, so when
    my plant calls for some spritzing.... i spritz it with some Seltzer
    (sodium-free) water onto the leaves so it sucks up all the bubbley :)
    i have an exhaust to the outside of my house and im currently using an
    air conditioner to cool the room off. Since my grow area is so small,
    the HPS in the first room was causing major heat problems til i got this
    portable air conditioner...

Anyway for nutes i am using Jacks Classic all purpose 20-20-20 plant
    food, from what i understand a lot of first time growers tend to
    over-fert or under-fert their plants, fortunately for me, my sibling who
    is a graduated botonist from Columbia university is home and graduated
    looking for a job, meanwhile helping me tend to my babies, however, she
    helps very little (only when it comes to fert and problems as of now :))

FOR flowering, i will be using the same jacks classic blossom booster
    10-30-20 mix nahmean? haha so hopefully ill get some dank ass nugz
    fallin off my plants hittin me in the head and shit hwen i check their
    pH :))))

Oh pH by the way is 6.8 avg temp is about 78.

If i missed anything let me know, i took some pics of my first actual
    growing plant and ill show you guys and you tell me what you think.

Im wondering when to put the summabitch into flowering so let me know,
    its been about 3 weeks since i started this sucker up, im making OKAY
    progress considering i had to transplant it early in its life due to
    over-fertted soil i bought from small-fart. (also known as wal-mart)

OBSERVE:
    </pre>

Attached Files:

2. the plant is about 8 inches tall.. im uncertain as to when i should begin flowering it to discover its sex.. any ideas?

3. Okay well i guess i havent sparked anyones interest... it is only bagseed. i'm sure that when i put some more pics up of my sprouts and the like people will want to look but anyway..everythings going great.. I dont know what peoples opinions are on how to germinate seeds but i would like to share the fact that i tried germinating seeds from bagseed for the longest time with the napkin tupperware method, yet, they would not sprout. So i tried just plopping about 6 into a cup of water, and they germinated the next day. HOLY CRAP! lol So i got my hashberry going, my bagseeds going, i am waiting to clone my little guy but first im going to attempt to LST. I am so new to growing that this method kind of makes me nervous because i dont want to ruin the only guy that i got. However, i trust that the yield will pay off more in the end with a little risk involved. Anywho... i felt like my plant was stretching for the light... so i lowered the 400 watt hps (i had it 3 feet away before) down to about 22 inches. feels fine on my hand, so i bet it feels great for my plant. I dont know if its a good or bad thing but, id like to start ferting the sucker but my soil is still moist from watering about 6 days ago. i hope its normal and not that i got shitty soil. If anyone has any opinions/questions/comments please tell/ask/state lol i am really nervous for my first grow, and because its my first grow, i invested a lot of money into getting the lighting, mylar, and all sorts of extra doohickeys to make my grow room the best it can be. Unfortunately i found this forum a little late, but i am reading and absorbing as much as i possibly can, i mean look at me, its 3:06 in the morning, i have to wake up for work at 9 and im reading/posting haha

Anyway time to go smoke a j :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

4. CJ, wassup bro?

Sounds like your off to a good start...and I can tell you have been reading up! Atta boy! LOL

I have always just dropped my seeds into a glass of water, and put it in a warm dark spot...works everytime so far.

To answer your when to flower question...when you want to! Lol, not a good answer hu!? Seriously though, it depends on your space, and what your trying to grow.

Like me, I will probably only veg my plant for 1-2 weeks then go right into flower, why, I only have 2.5 feet of height to use and I need them to be very small. Last grow I vegged for like 6 or so weeks with no LST, topped 3 times, and it was about oohh, 6 feet tall!

Final note bro...GO GET SOME SLEEP!!!, LOL

IslandMon

5. hey cj we found the best way to germ seeds was to place them in little cubes like rockwool (we used rootriots) and place them into a proagator, all of our seeds were ready to be potted in 3 days so i highly reccomend this fotr the future

6. Nice looking grow. Do you have any pictures of the HB's yet. The ones in the pictures don't look indica enough to be hb's. As far as the when to flower question...I set some into 12/12 here a while back when they had their first set of five fingered leaves. They did ok in that respect I just had a plant that was older in there too and I guess I may have let it flower too long because it hermed out on me and pollinated the little ones. I just started a real journal so I could keep good track of everything. Check it out if you get a chance. There is a link on my sig. Good luck!

7. alright, finally some feedback! Luckily i did get some sleep last night, and was woken up this morning only to find that i dont have to go into work!@#! But more importantly, i took in everyones feedback, i REALLY appreciate your feedback, so for your reward i am going to post some new pics. The plants in the words of borat are looking VERY NICE! HIGH FIVE!

Im really kinda worried that they look so tall with such little leaves... anyone have any ideas as to why that is? because of this i am going to try to lst today, but before that, i'd like to clone this little baby. I have a gut feeling that it is or is going to be a female. im really not sure how to tell, i do see 2 pistols but that may be just new foilage growth. Hopefully someone will have some input before i start razor blading the poor thing

DID I MENTION YET THAT THIS THING SMELLS LIKE A REALLY REALLY SWEET SKUNK?
    its incredible, i stuff my nose right inside the top of the plant and almost doodied my pantalones. this is a very exciting thing

(they look a little wet because i sprizted them with seltzer water. yum

Attached Files:

8. I always forget something, this thing looks like a badass sativa to me, am i right? not really what i wanted but WHAT U GONNA DO EH?!

9. It has very strong indica characteristics, most likely not much sativa in it.

10. wow bro really? i thought the leaves looked super thin to me compared to other peoples. If it is indica, they produce larger, more dense buds right? Bro i have Jorge Cervantes guide to growing indoors DVD by high times and let me tell you i watched it 9284379328 times as well as reading this and i cant believe i couldnt tell the diff. between sativa and indica lol.

Indica = Fat leaves, shorter, larger denser buds

Sativa = thin leaves, longer, softer puffy buds

right/wrong/should i go to hell? :)

P.s. man i checked out your grow, lookin hellagood so far, good strain pick too homie

11. wowzah.. i was out all day today, checked my honey in the morning and she was fine, no new growth really noted.. i just got back (8 hours later) and she grew a whole bunch of leaves.. NUTS! This thing is growing like crazy, a very strong bagseed it must've been :) I noticed some lower foilage getting yellow specks at the end of the leafs, only 2 leaves tho, both on opposing sides. I figured it was lack of nitrogen which is to be expected since i just started ferting them today, guess i am a little late.. oops.

BEHOLD!!!!:

Attached Files:

12. Okay so i noticed these little hairs coming out of the sides of the stem that the leaves/foilage dont come out of. Note: i am still in the vegitative state, from what i understood by reading on this forum you will not notice sex until flowering.. however, what the hell are these hairs? observe :) :

Attached Files:

13. from what I have read hashberry has two major phenos one verry indica dom and one more sativa acting.though they are all mostly indica.those hairs you see are not preflowers not sure what they are called but youl find them at every branch.hashberry seems to start to preflower anytime after 4 weeks.best of luck!!!

14. ^^
    Thanks bud, i appreciate that. It has been about 4 weeks but at least i know he/she/shims not showing sex yet lolll hopefully its a female right? id be so pissed if its not lol

15. is anyone able to tell me when i am going to be able to start cloning? My plant is quite small right now.. also does anyone think the growth is a bit stunted for 4 weeks?

16. Those are called stipules, btw. You can start cloning once u get some strong side growth, maybe a week or 2?

17. yeah brazy, it just started side growth, in fact i may be able to start cloning in a few days... ALL RIGHT! :D

18. Okay so.. i haven't updated in a few but hey, i have to be honest with you guys, I'm embarrassed.... I had a few troubles w/ my plants and couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong. First i was told heat stress because the blades were popping up towards the light, but it wasn't in fact heat stress. I was over-watering my plants! how stupid of me!! I havent taken pictures and wont until they're well again... theyre a little droopy, not as bad as the ones I've seen on this forum (no offense) but i am a bit concerned. i lowered the light a little and set my exhaust fan on high to assure that the room doesnt heat up. Hopefully i fixed the problem, sorry for no pic updates but its not like people are subscribing to my grow anyway loll but i will have pics in a few days hopefully tomorrow if it heals. peace OUT! time2 smoke 2 joints :)))

19. Okay, its getting worse, someone please help, what is wrong with my plant?! I even lowered the light to try and dry out the soil more but i just dont get it, what is wrong?! please help

Attached Files:

20. well i got a response from GG in the Sick plants thread and i took his advice before he even gave it.. i stopped watering my plants, i put 4 computer fans right near the soil to dry it out quicker and it is now as dry as can possibly be.. the plants still arent better. I'm getting crusty yellow and dark dark green colors on the lower and middle leaves and i think i just may have over-nuted my plant so much i killed it. We'll see tho. The hashberry sprouts grew practically overnight.. updated pics of those coming soon :)))