First indoor grow and journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by rollinsmoke87, Nov 12, 2016.

1. I germinated 7 bagseed I got out of some pretty good smoke. I'm growing in a 3x3x5 cabinet so I could only kept 3[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I started with CFL but now I have a 400w I power MH/HPS. I also learned on here clear pots were bad for roots so I rigged it up till I transplant[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Id get rid off that tinfoil bro, will burn your plats, literally cook them, get some Mylar , it's cheap enough, I wouldn't top it for a couple off days , let it get over the repotting shock an you'll be good too go, have you no pots?

• Like Like x 1
  4. image.jpeg
    Dual spectrum CFL I used in a closet grow, 250w

5. It's no longer in there. This is my box now. It's 3x3x5. I want to paint it white or but something in it to reflect the light[​IMG]

6. That wing looks just like the one I got with my hid light. I have some 3 gal pots to transplant in I just didn't have any small ones around. I transplanting the tomorrow so I will get some new pics

7. I transplanted them into 3gal pots and topped them. These are pictures from today[​IMG][​IMG]. I want to trim the one in the first picture. Where do I cut the leaves off at. Right at the stem?. I want to get light to the middle of the plant better

8. How long should I wait to switch to 12/12 I topped about 5 days ago but they new tops are coming in nicley[​IMG]

9. I'm starting to have a problem with temperature. 62 degrees at night and pushing 90 with the lights on. I think it's affecting the plants because my new growth is really light green[​IMG]

10. And I think this one is male. The little one hasn't shown any signs yet though it's only been a few days[​IMG]

11. Mine drop down into the lower 50's at night. I would worry about keeping the 90 degree temp a little cooler. They look great though

Attached Files:

12. Something I have seen several do is have their lights-on time at night. This helps keep the temps warmer when the air is naturally cooler, and then your day time temp doesn't get as high, either. To switch that, what I have seen done is to shift them an hour at a time, giving a few days for the plants to adjust before the next switch. I use an analog timer, so for me to do that simply involves lifting one tab and dropping the corresponding tab on the other side of the timer.

Just one thought if the large temp shift is bothersome.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yea I've been trying to work on that. I'm running a 6" exhaust fan plus the one in the box. I'm running the lights at night. I think I need to make another intake hole to pull more cold air in. Your plants look awesome. What strain is that?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thank you! Just bag seeds i think they may be Kush of some kind.

15. Thanks for the reply. I'm currently doing that. 30 degree temp shifts do worry me. It was staying in the low 80s when I was running the MH but when I switched to HPS the temps jumped up