First Indoor Grow Ak48 200W Cfl

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by nlucr, Jun 29, 2014.

1. hey guys
    very new to growing.. this being my first.
    its an Ak48 grown under 200w cfl lights

im not too sure what weeks of flowering it is in (lost track of days)
    so i was wondering how long do you think i have left of flowering?

i was going to harvest it today but thought maybe i should see what the more experienced growers have to say..

any help would be much appreciated :)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      502.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      292.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      710.3 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      249.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      402.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      448.1 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      419.6 KB
      Views:
  2. She doesn't look ready yet to me. It's pretty important to keep track of your number of days flowering, in my opinion. Do you have a jeweler's loupe that you can use to inspect the trichomes? AK-48 can supposedly finish in 48 days under perfect growing conditions, according to Nirvana. Who is the breeder of your seeds? If I were to guess, I'd say she looks like she is at about week 5 or 6 from first flower. It almost always takes longer than the breeder says for my stuff to finish. I have an AK-48 from Nirvana that popped the first flowers 2 days ago. So I think you should invest in a loupe to inspect your trichomes and judge for yourself. The handheld microscopes from Radio Shack are no good. You can hardly hold them still. You can judge your plant way better than we can. Just be patient, man. If you plan on flushing before harvest, I would get ready. She still has a way to go, but not a long way. Best of luck with your harvest, she's a great looking plant!

3. time for me to go and pick up some more cfls...

4. might have to buy a calendar for next grow >.<
     yeah she is from nirvana.. smells soo nice right now :)

my only problem is i think i root bound her
    i planted in like a 2gal pot(isnt lowest recommended 5gal?) and when i put anything like a ph probe into the dirt it just feels like roots from top to bottom.. poor girl.

i guess its too late to transplant but least i know next time no lower than 5.

anyway so jewelers loupe and calendar! and about 5/6 weeks in ok cool
     thanks dub!

heres a few photos of her in veg/early flower(completely different looking i did a late pruning which i dont think was too good of an idea might have reduced yield)

Attached Files:

5. my only problem is i think i root bound her

i planted in like a 2gal pot(isnt lowest recommended 5gal?) and when i put anything like a ph probe into the dirt it just feels like roots from top to bottom.. poor girl.

I have never transplanted more than once (from solo cup to final pot). I'm only on my third grow, though. I would just leave her. She looks great! I grew the Northern Lights (Nirvana) in my sig in a 2 gallon smart pot. The medium is solid as a rock when it dries out, and I can't stick my finger into it at all without busting up roots. She turned out great. Only had to water her every 3 days. I got about an ounce dry so far. I'm harvesting from top down as the bottom buds mature a little more. I think a larger pot would make for happier roots and higher yields. If you aren't using up all of your floor space with medium, then you could probably get a little more from each plant. I just picked up a 3 gallon Smart Pot for my Aurora Indica. Gonna put her in Roots Organics with some other good stuff. I think all is well with your girl. She will reward your patience with that mango sweet fruity goodness! 

6. #6 nlucr, Jun 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
    dammn! nice grow dub!  :metal:
    was thinking of upgrading to led whats your thoughts on them so far?

northern lights medium sounds very similiar to what im experiencing at the moment.. solid as rock/busting up roots/3 day watering ahah
    but good to see your girl still came out beautiful! 

yeah i was planning on doing top down harvest as well.. give those smaller buds some more light time

have an acapulco gold clone and critical kush clone i will be putting in after this lady is done they are in at 3 weeks veg(separate room) tied down and topped will try and get some photos of them today..

7. critical kush clone/acapulco G clone ||3 weeks veg||

Attached Files:

8. #8 DubK420, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
    Thanks, man. I like the led lights a lot. I read up on them, but in the end, you kind of have to go with what others have had success with as far as brands. I love the results I got from the Advanced light. I want to add more light in there for the sides. I could go cfl, but then my fan would get noisy since I would need to turn it up. My light only draws 130 watts, and some of that goes to the internal fan. So if I got over an ounce out of a 2 gallon pot with it, it's pretty decent. Plus, I had 2 other plants in solo cups in there. The weed that my light produced is really good. Stoned off of 3 hits of my Critical, so potency is there. Nugs from the tops are nice and dense. I don't like to squeeze test them, but from what I can tell, they're pretty much rock hard, literally, and they're at 64% in the jars. The bottom nugs, not so much, but to be fair, this is my first grow with leds and I slacked off a bit on my lst. I could have pulled 2 ounces from the Northern Lights plant if I had gotten off my ass in early flower. We'll see how my AK-48 and Aurora Indica do. Damn, I been craving one of those old school sativas! Acapulco Gold would really hit the spot right now! All I have is Indica since I'm broke, and all I have are Indica seeds, lol! Are you gonna journal those pretty ladies? 

9. Thought of ya today when I went to check up on my little AK-48 girl. I'm having issues with mine, but it's because it's only my second time growing in a hempy and I need to get the General Hydroponics nutes dialed in. I've been thinking about trying the Lucas formula. You should be getting close, so scope those trichomes! Can't wait to see your harvest! Wish we could smell through these screens sometimes.

10. How do you like the hempy?

11. #11 nlucr, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
    shit sorry on the late reply!

haha a few things have happened..
    harvested the ak48 at day 55 ( im terrible with waiting)
    bud packs a punch with good flavours and smell it didnt come out sweet which i prefer anyway,
    no couchlock just good long lasting  heady high and thats it not cured yet
    so im happy :)

wet weight : 82g
    dry weight: 23g so far
    cured weight: unknown

i lost the acapulco though :(
    just tending to everything else i lost track of her and she died..

had the critical that im thinking might be an 8ball because who i got it off told me he doesn't know whether it was critical or 8 ball... ahah fk.
    anyway had her outside for a bit and she got all lanky so i moved her into the 200w cfl setup
     she is throwing up hairs so i will probably flower her in the next week or so....

checked your aurora out... its looking good man!
    get some pics of your ak up..

i also have 6x white widow in a 400w hps setup that are absolutely beautiful haha.. will have to chuck some pics up when i can..
    thats my main setup i just use the cfl setup for messing around with stuff.

anyway thats it for now
     peeeeace

12. ak48 end result
    DSC_0009.JPG

critical kush/8ball kush unknown
    DSC_0024.JPG

white widow 400w hps
    DSC_0046.JPG DSC_0050.JPG

13. #13 DubK420, Jul 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
    Wow, man. I really need to set up another flower cabinet. I want to be able to do more than one at a time. Glad to hear you're happy with how your AK turned out. Sorry to hear about AG. I am having root problems with my AK-48. It's in the hempy and I couldn't get the feeding schedule down for some reason. The runoff has a horrible smell, like the roots are rotting, but the buds keep growing. I'm not sure she'll make it far enough to harvest anything worth a crap. Yeah, I'm really happy with how Aurora Indi is coming along so far. I'm trying to keep her as short and bushy as possible. I need some lights like you have in your corners and just more light in general in my veg cab. Been thinking about putting in a winter veggie garden downstairs, so I will be investing in another large led panel and I might be able to sneak a plant in under that from time to time. I just need to go down to the basement and get out my lights and put them in and make reflectors and stuff like that to make my box more efficient. I know I have a lot that I could improve on. Here's a pic of my AK-48 from about 2 weeks ago. She is budding so nicely. If it weren't for the damn smell. I have to admit, it wasn't the smartest container choice, since it is white, and I tried to fix it with metal tape, but it is what it is. We'll see how she turns out. Your other stuff is lookin' great, too!
    AK-48-1.jpg