First indoor bagseed grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Cgraves5758, May 23, 2016.

1. Hey guys what's up? I'm about 1 month in my first grow. I wasn't going to do a grow journal but I decided I might need some help from more experienced growers. I used some BagSeed I had leftover. I germinated 16 seeds on 04/16/2016 in a solo cup filled with RO water PH'd to 6.0. It took almost 5 days for the tap roots to show. Then moved them into solo cups with holes cut in the bottoms. I transplanted 4 plants that I thought were females at week 4 into some 5 gal buckets only then realizing that my plants were nearly ROOTBOUND. They are starting to show their sex now and I believe they are truly females. I over-watered at week 2 due to a drainage issue with the solo cups. I have been having problems with the room being to hot and dry but they have been manageable so far. I'm getting ready to water with some organic worm casting tea. I will water each plant with 1 Gal RO water, then 1 Gal of my tea, then I will do some foliage spraying with what is left over (all at the same time). I have had no bug problems, no more drainage problems (I added some extra perlite to my 5 gal buckets just in case), no nutrient burn or deficiencies that I can tell. I think one of my biggest problems is that these are 4 completely different a strains and therefore require different environments.The leaves on one of my plants are turning yellow at the top and one plants leaves is cupping, another plants leaves appear to be wind burn (soft and brittle), and the last appears to be just fine. I have what I believe to be is 2 Indica and 2 Sativa plants. I swap my plants around from one side to the other occasionally because I don't believe my room is balanced due to size restraints.

Grow room:
    - 3x6x8 room.
    - Apollo Horticulture Digital Dimmable 1000w MH/HPS Grow Light w/ Cool Tube hood.
    - Apollo Horticulture 6" 440 CFM Inline Exhaust Fan placed at the beginning of exhaust system.
    - Intake from air central air condition via 6" aluminum exhaust tubing, intake also from under door of closet.
    - Exhausting out 6" tubing from Cool Tube to attic.
    - Holmes sonic humidifier
    - 3 fans.
    - drainage pan with bubblers in it for increased humidity (doesn't work great).

Soil:
    - 6.0 cu ft happy frog (77.2 dry quarts)
    - 1 cu ft worm castings (16 dry quarts)
    - 2.31 cu ft perlite (26.4 dry quarts)
    - Mykos (sprinkle on root sites)
    - Perlite at the bottoms of buckets. Enough to cover holes but not too much.

Plants:
    - Germinated in water in a solo cup.
    - Started with 16 seedlings in solo cups.
    - 5 Gal buckets for final transplant, holes drilled in bottom and sides.
    - Growing from BagSeed
    - using garden rope to LST at some point

Tea:
    - 4 Gallons RO water
    - 2 cups of my soil mix
    - 4 cups worm castings
    - 1/2 cup dry seaweed
    - 1/4 cup Hi-Brix molasses
    - 1 teaspoon Mycos granules just for good measure
    - 2 5" bubble stones, 4 small bubble stones.

If anyone has any input please comment and let me know what you think. I'm looking for some constructive criticism here as I know this is my first grow and I will make mistakes. Thanks in advance! I will post pictures soon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. everything is just great ...but the initial seed ..lol

as you don't know the seed, you don't know what to expect ..???

and very risky considering the time and cost of your outlay

...imo buy in some seeds you know or can reference

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  3. I like to live life on the edge lol next time I will be getting some quality feminized seeds from a retailer because I really want to grow specifically White Widow. I just wanted to see what I could do with the oodles of bagseed I have laying around.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. [​IMG]

My ladies hit 1 foot today. The worm casting tea should be ready as it is now 51 hours in to the brew. No foam on the top like I expected but oh well it should be fine. Will be watering with 1 gal of RO water and 1 gal of brewed tea per plant. Then some foliage spray for a bacterial coat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

38 days in

5. Possible N overload...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? Could I have applied the tea too strong? Or too much water at once?

[​IMG]

Temp around the bucket too low? It's about 68 degrees and 53% RH.

[​IMG]

75 degrees and 43% RH looks decent but it feels cold in here unless I put my hand under the light. It also feels windy lol I have 4 fans plus an intake of cold air from my AC. Is that overkill?

[​IMG]

What do you guys think? I'm still learning here so any advice will be greatly appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I could be wrong but they are drooping like they have been over or under watered, in any case I'm on my first grow too mistakes are to be made by all.

Other then that you look like you are on the right track bro I really like your diy grow room I just finished building a decent sized one too. Sus my journal if your interested man and good luck with your grow!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Look to them deep thick viens in the leaves...thats your water swelling in there

and the saggy laterals indicates over watered roots....always go by weight of the pot

and this DIY pots I'd have 12-24 1/2 inch holes in the base minimum

good luck

8. I think you are right. I did a little research last night and found out that it's hard to overdose on N during the veg stage. I assumed N tox due to the fact that the leaves turned really dark about half an hour after watering.

Thanks man good luck to you too. I'll def check it out!

9. I have about 30-40 1/4in holes in the bottoms plus 10 around the lower sides. Do you think this is adequate or is more aeration going to be better?

• Like Like x 1
  10. should be enough.. I now grow parsley in my old buckets,

I have added clean river sand /perlight to the mix about 50/50

to ensure the water don't lodge there ...lol

good luck

11. When you did grow in these buckets, how long did it usually take for them to dry out?

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]

My girls are looking better:)

13. They are at 13 1/2 in. tall at 41 days from germ. I want to go ahead and LST but I don't know if I'm going to have enough room. They are really short and bushy because of all the fans and I'm only going to veg for about another month.

If I do go ahead and LST should I just pull them over and tie to the side of the pot? My original plan was to LST into a spiral around the rim of the pot but I believe they are too big for that now. What type of training do you guys recommend if I'm trying for high yield

14. Attitude seeds is where I get mine. Top shelf bud every time

15. Anyone?

16. Please lol

17. Hey brother, plants are looking pretty good. I would recommend a few techniques if you want to get the highest yield. Go ahead with the low stress training. You can use just about anything to tie or stick it down. Just work your stem and bend your stem gently beforehand so you don't snap it. This will help the your plant hormones and help your undergrowth to catch up and make your lower colas receive as much light as the top ones come flowering. You can also top your plant. This is done by pinching the top two small leaves off the plant at the base of the top node. This will cause your plant to react by producing not one, but two new chutes which increases the amount of top buds. You can do this as many times as you want, but most growers just do it once or a few times throughout their grow. There are other techniques out there such as FIMing, lollipop ping, super cropping, monster cropping, and main lining. You should read into these techniques eventually, but for now I would stick to LST and topping. Watch a video about both before so you know exactly how to work your plants and don't do any damage. Hope this helps. Peace and happy growing

18. Thanks spec

19. [​IMG]

I just LST'd my girls a little over 90 degrees. Should I go ahead and top them or wait. Will this LST method redistribute the auxins enough to form multiple colas or will I have to top them for that?

20. LST does redistribute the auxins, however it does not change the amount of colas you have. It allows those smaller nodes colas to catch up to your mains, allowing them to become part of your canopy. This will give them more light and produce bigger buds than your standard plant. As for topping, go for it. It will multiply your colas that shoot up from LST and give you a much higher yield. Your seem pretty healthy, noticed a little leaf droop but that could be from previous watering. Nothing to worry about too much if not but could be a deficiency of some sort. Go ahead with the topping and continue LST for the biggest yeild! Good luck!