First Hydroponics (Seedling Worries)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cyanarnofsky, Sep 11, 2013.

1. #1 cyanarnofsky, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
    Hi Guys,

I did a soil grow with 6 plants as my first ever grow, 6ft+ babies indoors it was a beautiful sight.
    [​IMG]

I decided to tryout hydro setup this time. I have 2 seedlings and they seem to be degrading.
    [​IMG]

Day 1:
    [​IMG]

2 medium air stones in the rez. No roots are out of the basket as of yet. I have the black 1/4" tubes coming in the lip feeding from the top. Everything runs 24/7 atm. Using 9tsp of FloraNova general hydro veg nutes. It is an 18gallon tote and it is half full so I estimate 9 gallons

PH

[​IMG]

The water temp is about 65degrees (thermometer is on its way, along with a electronic PH Stick)

This image was today 4 days since moving them from soil to hydro
    [​IMG]

Any advice and direction would be great [​IMG]

2. Your nutes are most probably too strong at this early stage. I use nothing but RO water until the first set of leaves/ than half strength till the second set-than I bump it up to the proper feeding formula.
    Using general hydroponics..
    Good luck

3. That is a 18gallon tote and it is half full so I estimate 9gallons. My Gen Hydro FloraNova nutes say 1/2tsp for 300ppm per gallon. This is what my final solution is at right now

4. looks like over watering...maybe tone down the spray underneath untill the roots get bigger

5. i really want to so hydroponics, but i dont understand why theres no root rot or root damage when people do hydroponics

6. Thats what I have been thinking as well, white jesus. I toned down to 2 nozzles per basket with the top feeding. Leaves seem to be perkin up though today, tiny bit more green in them and lifted just slightly. I am sure I compounded problems in the beginning which makes it really no one solution. (my PH was all over at first). Getting a ph stick meter tho rather than fluids and ppm meter should be here as well Friday.

7. Things are looking up!

Got my PPM meter today. My starting water is 95PPM and my rez is at about 570PPM. I think my PH is a little low still but waiting for me electronic meter.

[​IMG]