First hydroponic autoflower closet grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by saveferris0330, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Day 29

Wow. Crankz you were right man. My ph tester was very off. Calibrated and rechcked ..ph was 8.0. Immediately got her into 350 ppm and 5.9 ..she looks much healthier but she already started showing sex last week and now its in full blown flowering at that size... Oh well I'll nab a couple grams I have more beans en route.

I trimmed her up.. all the dead fan leaves to get more light to all the nodes and lets see what happens I guess ...root pictures below as well.

Oh well I have a couple weeks to kill anyway.

2. #22 saveferris0330, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    Day 29 -- remember this is fast bud by sweet seeds it is supposed to be very quick. If I didn't slow her uo and lock up the plant early in the game it probably would've came out nice
    First pic is pre-trim but it was a big ball of curled fan leaves and not getting light and air flow let alone nutes from the toxicity lockout...shaking my head. Oh well lets see what happens

Attached Files:

3. Day 43 ..week 6 ..

4. Advice??????? Week six ..remember this plant was a runt due to imbalance in ph causing nute lockout early in the game.

Just changed the res again for the final time before flush.. 5.8 ph and 800 ppm ..how's she look? What's it looking like as far as production. This strain is advertising 8-9 week seed to harvest. I'm week six right now. Any advice would be helpful.

Attached Files:

5. I really don't know what to say... That thing is all jacked up looking. I'd pry start some new beans honestly.

6. Damn man that thing is looking really malnourished and abused! First of all, I havent been following your grow but I thought this was a bag seed until I read your posts. I thought maybe it was just a poopy strain with bad growing genes but Im shocked you paid for it. That thing isn't going to produce much of anything worth your investment/time and secondly, I wouldnt be surprised if it hermies on you.

7. Crankz, I've been scrubbing through a lot of forums lately looking for someone to answer a question I've had, and I think you may have partly answered it for me. I have an Autoflower DWC set up and I what I was wondering was, if these plants are on an 18/6 cycle, are the drips feeding water to the plant the entire 18 hours and then turned off when the light turns off for the 6?

8. Drip feed and DWC together are totally unnecessary. Once the roots hit the oxygenated water/nutrient solution, it on! No need to top feed.
    I would need to see the system in question to determine what's best. At any rate, no they shouldn't need to be watered during lights off. Unless for some reason the medium they're in is drying out and roots haven't reached the water yet.

9. Okay, I think I may have misused the DWC terminology. This is an old photo of it not completely set up. The drips are the black stems sticking out of the clay hydroton pebbles, and the plant would be rooted in a rockwool cube in the pebbles. Hope that helps give you a better idea of what I mean. Just need to know if my waterpump is going to be plugged into my 18/6 timer so that it's only feeding when necessary. I don't want to drown my plants though. Thanks again for even responding, I really appreciate it.

Attached Files:

10. Yeah, you won't need to feed during lights out.