First Hydro Grow DWC !

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Bytheseayousee, Aug 25, 2017.

?

Yield Prediction?

1. Under 2oz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Over 2oz

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Glad you could stop by! I’m so up for any and all advice I think I’m doing decent for my first time my girl seems happy. I just received my viparspectra 450 today and setup it up at the top of the tent full power! I did resume some lst today and really leveled out the canopy. Got gun-shy after snapping the stem but I’m more careful and learned to squeeze hard. Tomorrow morning I’ll post some pics. Also did a res change and the ppm was at 850 with everything I’ll check ph in the morning.

2. Haha it's all a learning curve mate ;) I don't even bother pinching anymore just snap lol never had a branch die ect they split all the time but they heal them self I don't even bother with tape as your mimicking something that happens out side say an animal gets to close n snaps a branch or something falls on it like another branch ect n well it fixes itself there's no one to carefully tape it up even if it's split
    I've quickly learnt less is more man I don't use a Tds or ppm meter I only use ph drops and measure a half strength feed
    My system was simple started at a 15 lt bucket from Bunnings bit of black water pipe to make the top feed system and a 2 valve air pump for fish tank 1 valve for airstone one to create the top feed drip system
    Airfed top feed drip system works great to n means don't need 2 pumps haha verry simple

• Like Like x 2
  3. One of the pics in my Bluetooth grow I'd litterally snapped every branch on the plant 2 days later you wouldn't have even known

• Like Like x 1
  4. 64E9BB0D-DBDB-4EB0-B4DA-8AB8B654AF4A.jpeg F6E2E183-626C-40E6-8F56-F584DCCC9EA2.jpeg 35F88A5C-AD0B-4C43-A8EC-B7FE96979DB7.jpeg 835A01F4-622F-4299-BA48-AAA1954AFE26.jpeg 7FCFC1CF-CA0D-4AB8-ABCC-91395B52C80F.jpeg FA398CD5-F228-4954-ADA1-35C5E045EBD8.jpeg Day 37 update

Yesterday I put up the new viparspectra 450 and I can’t wait to see how the plant takes to it. I put it at about 24” above the canopy and put it full power didn’t want to shock the plants with the light change. I resumed lst and tied down the three main branches so the canopy is nice and even. It ended up being like a super crop of the main cola because it had gotten very stiff but you can see that in the picture. The plant looks a little different today with the new growth seeming a little droopy but hopefully once she settles back in she’ll perk back up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Day 45 update

So guys another week has gone by and boy have things changed she is absolutely loving the tent space and taking all the room there is. Definitely starting to flower so I give 4-6 hours of dark every day. I transitioned over to bloom nutrients by Soul Aurora and finally got cal mag and have been adding that to the three gallons of water she drinks every two days. The one thing I am worried about is brown spots that appeared light in the beginning and now seem to be spreading much more rapidly. I can’t find a sure answer on here as to what it is but everything seems fine except the spots. The roots are nice the stalk is over an inch the [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]flowers are growing and it’s still gaining height every [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]day the ph fluctuates a little on weekends when I work and don’t have tons of time to check. But not sure exactly what it is any help would be great I just snapped a few shots and then a few flash shots of the biggest colas? Or what will be colas. thanks guys this learning experience is awesome and teaching me major patience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. So a little update I did a reservoir change and actually put it in a 18 gallon plastic tub but I’m just worried about light leaks the ppm are around 800 and the ph has been stable hoping the bigger reservoir also helps that. The plants are getting pretty close to the light but I’m running out of room the light is all the way to the top of the six foot tent. Buds are all over now the next week or so they should bulk up I’m using soul bloom, bud swell, calmag and hydroguard I’ll also be supplementing snow storm ultra to start packing on the frost hope it works! I’m going to try and bend and tie some stuff away from the light but I’m really running out of room. Wondering if I should maybe trim the lower third off so I have room to operate but people say not to any advice?

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  7. All good man just tie that girl down ;) as farrrr as you can haha

• Like Like x 1
  8. Big ass stalk on this thing is trying to push through the lid of the net pot . As if I wasn’t already worried about everything over here!

9. Day 52 update.
    Ppm:650
    Finally got the plant to sit right in the new tub had to sorta rig this one I plan on making a whole new reservoir next go round but for now just riding out with the 18 gallon tub which is way to big and doesn’t allow me much movement. I even have to use the water pump I have to pump water into the tent. Anyways I put a net in the tent not for a scrog really but just for support and to help me spread the canopy. I have three really tall colas that I pulled down to even it out but everything looks great. Still have slight spots but I’m getting that worked on with nutes and calmag. The snow storm ultra already seems to have increased trichomes but we will see. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Looking good the brown spots you were talking about a few posts ago i think are from pH fluctuating either too high, low or both. Plant looks really good though obviously wasnt an ongoing issue. I let my res's get out of range sometimes too

11. Yea some days work just leaves me too tired to check ph but I try and stay on top of it. She looks like she can deal with me tho

12. So I’m only on day 56 of my auto blue dream by humboldt seeds and I feel I am running out of room. I have been bending down to the tallest colas that are growing into the light but every-time I do she puts more energy into the other ones and they shoot into the light which is awesome but I have only 3x3x6 of space. Is it okay to bend the already budding colas down or will that hurt yield and what do I do if it just keeps going into the light? The website says 70 days but i highly doubt that will happen. Let me know what you guys think i should do thanks in advance

13. I don’t think that LST in flowering will hurt the yield but even if it does the alternative will impact yield as well. I would gradually start tying down the taller colas a little bit a day so the stems don’t snap.

You may also try super cropping. To be honest that plant looks like it has plenty of bud sites so I would not worry about the yield on your first grow.

14. Thanks pizza I just wasn’t sure if the bud would still grow good horizontally. But basically I’ll just keep doing what I’m doing. I hope the buds start fattening and quit getting longer. I may super crop a couple just to see how it affects it and how the buds bounce back.

15. Just a quick check in for day 65 of the auto blue dream. Everything looks good minus some more brown spots but nothing major the buds are starting to fatten up and you can see way more trichomes forming all over. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. Day 69
    Little update the buds seem to finally be fattening up and not growing longer which is great cause I was running out of room. I’ve been battling my ph rising almost everyday and now I have a whole new batch of spots with pictures if anyone can help I’m not sure what to do all the spots up until this point were on fan leaves now even the sugar leaves are getting them and I’m not sure if I should be worried or not