First hydro grow Blue Dream question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by nitrojimbo, Jul 31, 2012.

1. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't mix RO with tap water...I mean what's the point of going through the additional expense only to contaminate it with unfiltered water. IMHO you should stick to just the RO if you can afford the additional expense. You can use regular tap water...if your tap water is below 200 ppm...but let it sit for at least 48 hours before each reservoir change. Even if it's above 200 ppm you can still use water but you may have to switch to a nutrient program similar to General Hydroponics Flora Micro for hard water combined with flora grow or veg depending what phase you are in.

2. #22 daxjd, Aug 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2012
    IMHO the reservoir should be changed weekly...I might be paranoid but after going through a rash of lost babies through root rot and whatever else deficiency is out there, let's just say I prefer to play it safe.

Edited 8/31 - that doesn't mean to say that running a reservoir with only 2 changes wouldn't work. The Lucas formula actually encourages the same thing. I'm just saying that sometimes its better to play it safe than sorry after something goes wrong.

3. Looks like you've got a bit of nute burn still going on. You're running some high PPM's.

5. Hey nitro blue dream needs nitrogen even in bloom also your humity it a bit low 55 %