First hydro grow[1000w] and ran into some issues

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by seedleSs SRH, May 1, 2009.

1. #1 seedleSs SRH, May 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2009
    This is my first grow and I am using as follows:

1000W MH
    Fox farms 6 part nutrient system
    Root 66
    Hydrozyme
    5 air pumps
    10 air membranes
    3x 18 gallon bucket
    1x 5 gallon bucket
    425 c.f.m blower
    1x ac unit (regulate temps)
    2 wall mounted oscillating air king fans
    1 tower oscillating fan

Method: Deep water culture
    Current light cycle: 18/6
    1 1/2 week into the grow.

Im in the veg stage and I keep my PH range between 5.4-6.1. I started my ppm at about 400-450 and have recently bumped it up to 850-950 ppm range (using fox farms grow big and also using big bloom; along with some root 66 and hydrozyme). I keep my temps pretty regulated, during the light phase room temp is usually at 77-79 degrees and during the dark phase it stays at a cool 68-70 degrees.

Im not sure but I think it is Magnesium deficiency with a little iron deficiency to boot, I try to keep my ph levels within range so they don't go through nut lock. I use a milwakee ph meter and and milwakee tds meter.

I have a few pics showing the deficiency on my babies.

Attached Files:

2. anyone? the plant in the back and the two on the right are fresh clones and have very little nutes in their buckets.

3. the ppm of my RO water is 9-13 :) so no worries there. my thought is that maybe because of the root complex(Root 66) their ability to uptake nutes has been increased and therefore need lees nutes?

i'm pretty lost actually. i don't know if my plants need something, or if i should be adding PH balanced fresh RO water to lower PPM

please help!

4. i don't know a lot about hydro, but i think Ph is supposed to be at 6.8, anymore below that is too acidic. correct me if I'm wrong though..:smoking:

5. I will have to correct you on that. Hydro plants needs a PH balance between 5.6 and 6.2. anything higher or lower is no good. Ideal is 5.8.