First hydro gro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stonedsurfer69, May 12, 2013.

1. First thanks to everyone in advance who read and help me with this. Now I will be doing the drip method. Using a 10 gallon res. I'm wondering if 2 125 watt 6500k cfl grow bulbs (and switch one or both to a lower spectrum later on) will be enough for 2/3 plants. I'm also very cerious on these nutrients and feeding schedules if anybody would be able to point me in a good direction with that (will be using use general hydroponics). And for my benifitial bacteria what route should I take. I am still wondering if I should order from nirvana seeds or not.
    Thanks again for any help.

2. #2 sambomb, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    Advice from a grower that has grown in virtually every media.

Hydro CAN be more complicated then any other grow because if your environment isn't right you are toast in a few hours.

If you go hydro and "need a crop" to last you a month or two until you really understand hydro.

Simple easiest method for anyone new to working water culture.... DWC with advanced nutrients PH perfect. No pen, no meters, no temp checking, set and forget.

I grow hydro and in sunshine 4. Hydro if I have clones and plant def/bug problem. When I get a great strain I will then take a cutting and put it into my organic sunshine 4 grow and won't look back. But if you don't want any issues or frustrations I really recommend PH perfect in DWC hands down especially if you are spending 50+ on a pack of seeds.

Drip system is good, but for startup you are asking for trouble. Wait until you don't need to crop out to dabble into the drip system. If you don't need to crop out asap I would still consider DWC because of the low startup cost. When you go drip, you will have half of the parts already. Just my .02