First homemade wood pipe.

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Curlybaash, Oct 27, 2012.

1. I just made my first homemade wooden pipe. Found a stick in the yard, trimmed it up, sanded it, drilled, etc, you get the picture.

There's a carb on it, and the only problem i'm seeing with it is the area on the right side of the bowl (which is a socket) being kinda thin and brittle. i'm planning on sealing it with some sort of coating or whatever.

I pretty much just drove the socket into a pre-drilled hole with a plastic mallet.

Also, I made a screen out of a piece of wire by winding it in a tight spiral.

and uhmmmmm that's about it. Comments/criticism?

Attached Files:

2. Cool shit!

Back in the day I made a pipe out of artistic clay in honors art class.. Lol even put it in the clay oven and shit, it was as nice as a piece you'd by at the HS.

Then the little shit shattered about a week later from a 15ft drop..

3. damn, 15 ft. xD

yeah, i've already dropped this one twice and it's totally fine so i'm pretty excited to test it out.

only thing is i don't have any bud OTL

4. [quote name='"Curlybaash"']damn, 15 ft. xD

yeah, i've already dropped this one twice and it's totally fine so i'm pretty excited to test it out.

only thing is i don't have any bud OTL[/quote]

I'm out of bud myself... Shit sucks...

5. nice little piece :)
    very cool!

6. So i completely re-made this pipe, just with a new stick. the first one was neat and all, but it was small and actually more fragile than i realized. I suspect the wood i found was pine, as it was really soft and had a moderate gloss to it. I found a new stick made out of more dense, hard wood. the pipe itself is a little bigger and I also didn't put a carb on this one.Still planning on staining/sealing this one.

the second picture is of the old piece and the new piece.

Attached Files:

7. Looks better!

And I see spongebob!

8. hahaha, yeahhhh. gotta have something to watch while i'm working. but yeah, i'm really excited to get something to smoke out of this.

9. I just want to say if there are people out there thinking of doing this please check what kind of tree or branch you are getting and make sure it is safe to smoke out of. You really do not want to make a pipe out of lets say oleander you will kill yourself. Don't just see a stick and envision a pipe without knowing where it came from.

10. That's a good point. I forgot the mention that the second stick i found was on a pile of firewood which would be used a kindling anyway. It came from a tree that was in my yard for years before we cut it down about a year ago. also, I checked for signs of termite damage and fungal rot when choosing a stick. I will admit, i'm not sure what kind of tree it was but the wood itself looks pretty normal, and it's stuff we've burned before.

11. The new pipe definitely looks a bit better, and should make a cool little piece! i LOVE making my own smoking accessories. Its fun and makes you appreciate your piece more, and makes smoking out of it more special!