Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

first homemade piece

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by velvetsnow, Jan 5, 2009.

1. so i've been taking a forced t-break for about three weeks now, so to fill my time i decided i'd make my own water piece so i can celebrate when i get back to school.

i used an old pepper jar because it had a cork top and was easy to open in order to clean it. this is what i came out with....

[​IMG]

and just another view...

[​IMG]

alright, so i'm gonna just give an overview of how i did it and what i used in case anyone cares/was wondering. no need to read further if it doesn't interest you. :)

[​IMG]

those are most of the materials i used. not pictured would be the tub caulk i used to seal the jar up airtight, the candle i used to melt/bend the plastic tubes, and the sharpie i drew on the jar with.

[​IMG]
    and remember GC, safety first. gloves, safety glasses, and a breathing mask. we're stoners, not stupid.

the pencil crayons i used as the stem and breathing tube. first i pulled out the lead and used the candle to soften the plastic so i could bend it. i used these because the plastic is relatively thick so it would dry strong and hold in place, not to mention holes were less likely.

that weird green thing used to be part of a pineapple candle. i unscrewed the thing and it already had that hole in the bottom so it seemed perfect. i used the dremmel handheld mini sander to remove the paint. it's made of bronze and will require a screen when i use it because i grind my shit.

after that, it was relatively smooth sailing.

1.) empty the pepper jar, wash it out.
    2.) make the holes for the bowl and stem, tube, and the carb. i used the dremmel etching tool to do this.
    -it took a little longer than a real drill would have, but it gave me great control over how big the holes were. everything fit nearly exactly, didn't have to use too much sealant and didn't crack the glass at all.
    3.) bend both the breathing tube and the stem.
    4.) use caulk to attach the stem to the tube, then use tape to make sure it doesn't move around.
    5.) with the holes made, insert the breathing tube and the stem/bowl combo into their respective holes.
    6.) seal the leaks with caulk.
    7.) if you want to (i did) use the etching tool to put a design on your glass.
    8.) enjoy that shit.

it wasn't hard, but i'm glad my first attempt at a piece worked out.

2. sweet piece, thats some crazy bowl, to me it looks like a flower lol

3. haha yeah, nice n big. party bong. i named it sergeant pepper since it used to be a pepper jar.

4. sick name, the beatles make great songs to toke to, how much does that bowl fit in one pack?

5. That's a really trippy bowl, lol. Nice effort :D

6. I worry about the metal you've chosen for the bowl piece, what metal is that?

7. i'll let ya know how much it fits as soon as i get a chance to try it out (dry during winter break) but my eyes tell me maybe a gram, grinded.

8. handy criminal, it's bronze.
    i figured it was safe because they make a lot of pipe screens out of bronze. is it not?