First harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SkyWhisker, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Hello and thanks for reading!
    This will be my first harvest (besides a herm that was pulled early) and I'm very excited. I think I'm in on the final stretch(2 more weeks-ish), but it's more of a gut feeling, and I'm a noob. No way in want to ruin it now because I don't cut at a good time.
    I think I want trichs that are mostly cloudy? I know it's all up to preference, but when do you guys harvest for best effects/flavors? I'll post some pics and hopefully you guys have some advice

Also, another plant I have in flower is around 2 weeks behind this one. A couple leaves started turning purplish - red. Is this a phosphorus defeciency?
    Thanks again!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yup phoshorops

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 lalamann, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    ^^^^^

those trichs look pretty close to 100% cloudy to me

let's see some shots of a full bud to go with those trich and fan leaf shots. May not even need that full 2 weeks

As far as the purple leaf on the one 2 weeks behind it, as far as i know the purple and reddening is a sign of phosphorous lockout or deficiency one. A lot of purple strains will go phosphorous deficient a little earlier than ones less willing to purple, if that tid bit helps any. Even if the phosphorous is there in the regiment it wont really matter, some will still just lock it out, even when PH is in the right zone, upping the p in your npk may help determine, idk, ive never had leaves look like that that early so never had to diagnose it. Id expect mine to look about like that right before the cut

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 SkyWhisker, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    Older plant:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Younger plant:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On right is older one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edit:
    Added pics with flash.
    Also these are both 12/12 from seed. They didn't get very big and I couldn't train much (barely did lst). I have the opposite of a green thumb and killed everything Ive tried to grow before so tbh didn't expect these gals to make it to flower let alone though it lol. With my luck though I proably just jinxed myself...

Either way, i'm happy with the results so far and glad for the experience. Now maybe I can focus on making bigger plants

• Like Like x 1
  5. Looking nice man! I just harvested some stuff with purple flecks. Very picky but it came out nice![​IMG]

Don't forget to give them a GOOD cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 SkyWhisker, Dec 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Got a small magnifying glass and it looked ok, so down she went. I'll let the other one go longer and see what I like more. I'm thinking it'll be 5-7g when all is said and done. What do you guys think? It smelled oddly like cucumber near the end... Decided to quick dry a small chunk though and it tasted super fruity! Can't wait to get these in a jar for curing :)
    One last thing: I cannot believe how long it took to trim such a small plant... I feel for you guys with the monsters out there haha
    [​IMG]
    Edit: I should have waited to harvest. It all tasted great but practically nothing happened :(

7. Yeah it'll smell like cut grass until you cure it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. How long did this grow take ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 SkyWhisker, Jan 9, 2017
    According to my notebook, younger one was planted 11/1 and the older one on 11/13. So only about 2 months I guess? Seems like such a short amount of time now that I think about it... The younger one is still going for a little longer. Took this yesterday when I was worried about a hermie... Thankfully, it was just a pair of stray calyxs :)
    [​IMG]

Quick question... I'm also Vegging a plant rn and transplanted only like a week ago... Im doubtful on account of that, but is this root bound? Only ask cause I'd rather be safe than sorry
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

10. Was this the SOG method? The plants are super small and stealthy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 SkyWhisker, Jan 9, 2017
    It was 12/12 from seed and lst'ed(what I could anyways, nodes were super close together x.x). Lst is pretty much just a different form of SoG though. Also it was grown out of a sour cream container, so the roots were probably bound somewhat. It never got any nutes from me either except for what was in the soil (ffof). Genetics probably played a part too, but all I have is random bagseeds. Ive gotten 2/3 fems so far. Would have been 3 but the first one was from a friend and that hermied. Tragic - funny story about those other seeds though. They belonged to my grandma before she passed last october. I found out she'd been a dealer ever since she was 18 and I never even suspected! Saw an actual mexi brick for the first time though xD

Bah. Sorry if I'm rambling. I'm 4 bowls into a good anime rn

12. Keep forgetting to hit that reply button too...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nope, but microscope will be here tomorrow and I'll get it right with this one >:3

14. Did you chop her yet?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. The first one sadly. I learned from that mistake though. Tried after drying and it wasn't anything. Also realized I'd only been growing this for 2 months. Most strains take at least 8 weeks just to flower and ik it had to veg for a bit first...
    To bad I didn't think about that before hand though...

16. You want to wait until those white hairs turn orange and curl up also you want your trichomes to be droopy and cloudy with a good percentage amber. If you harvest to early you get a bud with a generally uncomfortable high. I did this recently and I wont even smoke the early harvested stuff. If you ket it go a little bit longer you get a very stoney sleepy high and some people like that but your better off in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nice lmao. Did you plant the seedling directly into the FFOF soil?? It has nutirients and some people say it can kill the seedling. And I'm having issues germinating. House is colder around 63-66°. And I don't have a heading pad so that sucks lol . Random bag seeds

• Like Like x 1
  18. Do you have a water heater inside your house? You could put them near that using the towel bag method

• Like Like x 1
  19. #20 SkyWhisker, Jan 9, 2017
    I started the hermie in dirt I got from a hike close to my house where there was a lot of green growth. This was after her predecessors had been burned to death. Transplanted at about 2-3 weeks when it started to show defeciency. Other seeds though went right into ffof after they cracked and they thrived though. If you're worried about burning, you could always try mixing in some lawn dirt to dilute it?
    For germination I just did the paper towel method next to the vent on my electronics. They get plenty warm.

Forgot to hit reply button again >:c