First harvest... Over cooked?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FragileBob, May 2, 2013.

1. About a week and a half ago I defoliated thinking it would be time for chop today. Now looking at the trichs they are still 10% amber... but she looks rough to me. I've stayed on my regular water schedule, nothing changed but now this. As I think back my box did climb to 85ish with the temps rising outside.

Does she look normal for being just before chop? She looks like she's a bit over cooked and almost dehydrated. All her sugar leaves are now crunchy when they green before...

Should I proceed with the chop?

She's (RP OGkush)

-FragileBob

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. from my understand they do that at the end of flower as the pull the last bit of nutrients from the leaves.

3. Ok, but aren't those sugar leaves good for hash? Or should I have grabbed them earlier?

Just looks cooked to me.

-FragileBob

4. She looks like a plant that's close to harvest, maybe a few days to a week more? I wouldn't worry about it looking ragged, just keep watering it and chop when you like the trichs.

Nice heft and purple coloring too, it should be a great harvest.

5. Yeah, ended well for the first run and a small cfl box.

-FragileBob

6. Those leaves still have trichs on them. They will be fine for hash.

7. 10% amber is not bad if the rest are milky white. It will give you a lil more of a head high than a body high. It's fine to chop now if you want.

8. It just might come to that. I'll give it another day or two as this was my only night set aside to chop/trim but couldn't pull the trigger.

Just needed to see if something wasn't right.

-FragileBob

9. id let it go another week or more.

10. The other thing is I need it ready for May 25th. So I'm against two different walls.

-FragileBob

11. Man your plant looks superrrr nice !!!! How did u make it grow short bushy and full of buds haha nice job!

12. Strain: RP OGkush
    Germ: Jan 2nd
    Flower: Feb 20th

Box: 20"x20"x30"
    Lights (veg): 4x65w cfl
    Lights (flow): 4x105w cfl
    Temps: 60F - 74F
    Medium: soil/perlite (60/40)
    Nutes: GH Floranova

Since day 1 I knew height would be an issue, so I started LST right away. I read a great article on the theory behind the LST and I caught on early how to force additional tops. From there it was just constant LST until I couldn't fit anymore and then flipped to 12/12.

-FragileBob

13. You tie down with pipe cleaners too I see :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum

14. #14 transistor, May 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
    i have grown the og before and she seems to lose all her leaves during flowering i havent seen a strain do quite what this one does. killer smoke, awsome yeilds, and a kick ass smell!! could go another week or 2 but it doesnt matter if you harvest now make sure u take the time to cure that is where she will shine i cant say enough about this strain one of my top picks+

15. soak her with some good water and shut off the lights for a few days. that will speed up the maturation. she will get real crystally too.