First harvest of my breeding project

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jasperb, May 20, 2018.

1. A few of you may remember my breeding project I was working on, I had the first harvest not long ago and never posted pics. This is definitely the female for the project after running around 150 landrace seeds I acquired from my buddy that was in Pakistan. It's not a big harvest as that wasn't the point, I was looking for genetic purpling no matter the temps and I wanted to see what she could endure. I never went below 72 and went as high as 82 to see how'd she'd handle it. I pushed pushed her limits as far as feeding goes and she did great. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. Nice deep color....
    Very nice indeed.

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 2
  3. Looks-10
    How’s the smell

• Like Like x 1
  4. Very nice, it one of the reasons she made the cut. I'm not sure if you saw my other thread a while back but I talked a little about what it was I was after. I started with 150 seeds and wanted both male and female phenos , I narrowed it down to 2 purple phenos and a green one. The other purple hash more of a hash plant smell, this one smells just like blackberry jam with a hint of hash plant. It's in jars now but all through drying up until now the smell has not went away. I have yet to sample it, hopefully it nice. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  5. Wow sounds amazing I’ll have to check it out

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wow beautiful, damn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. Can't wait for the smoke report

sent sitting in my garden

• Like Like x 1
  8. HeY Jasperb!
    That Looks Amazing
    Nice JoB

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. That is one of the most beautiful cannabis flowers I have ever seen in my life. Gorgeous!

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'll definitely report back, thanks for checking her out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. She's definitely a looker, I'm excited to see what I can do with her. I have a few things in mind, one will be 100% Indica, another will have some sativa influence as I have a landrace grown by the Zulu people of Africa. It flowers in 50ish days, it grows very similar to ak47

• Like Like x 2
  12. that's really cool, man. How did you get into breeding?

• Like Like x 2
  13. This year will be 20 years since I grew my first plant indoors, as indoor growing took off I noticed a trend of strains going for less odor, shorter and quick flowering times. Back then we didn't have the availability of filters and lighting we have today. A lot of the old school genetics were LOUD, the original Skunk could be smelled from a mile away, like roadkill. Well lately breeders have been trying to get get some of that back but are focusing purely on terpenes and not esters that work synergistically together to get these crazy profiles. I always assumed breeders had these crazy facilities with 1000's of plants, after meeting some I realized they were no different than me. Subcool for example made his most famous strains in a tent at his house. I said if they could do it so could I, I started reading, experimenting and reaching out to some old timers. I made my first planned hybrid in 07 with an Indica pheno serious seeds bubblegum and Northern Lights, it turned out great. I sent some seeds to friends and sold a few packs on seed bay with nice reviews. Since then I've grown tired of all the cookies, glue, and other flavors of the week. There is a world of genetics out there, especially if you can unlock some of the recessive genes that only come out through breeding.

• Like Like x 4
  14. That’s really fascinating to me. Thank you for sharing that. I love growing. I’m so glad I purchased good equipment. I’m having so much fun!

• Like Like x 3
  15. Man..Your thread is giving me WOOD!! LOL
    (that is the most colorful plant I have ever seen..)
    This is my 1st try at chucking Feminized pollen..Took a GreenPoint Seeds Cackleberry (Cherry Diesel x Stardawg) and turned her with CS to make female pollen (success)..then pollinated my Seedsman White Widow and another Cackleberry clone with it..I C Seeds:)
    The color is about perfect and tiger striped too (from the peeks I took)
    5-11-18 ww x cackleberry seeds small.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. It's a fun hobby, don't be afraid to experiment.

• Like Like x 3
  17. So can anyone purchase your seeds / genetics? I think that would be so cool to grow someone’s personally bred genetics

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. That is beautiful, good job. I've made quite a fem seeds myself, it can be very rewarding. If you really want to unlock some potential and find some hidden recessive traits, find a strain you like breed them and then make f2's. It takes two carriers of recessive genes to make them come out so at f2 you will see some. This is how autos work, you take an auto breed it with the photo that you want to auto, at f1 they will all be photo but they will carry the now recessive auto gene, at f2 you will have around 25% photo plants, breed these and at f3 you will have some nice full autos to choose from.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Funny you said that..I have 1x each Creme Mandarine, GDP, and a Pineapple Express2 in the CS tent now with sacs showing nicely..GDP is my #1 and I have been running the same clones for a yr now (MSNL)..I will try to flavor the new batch going to flower in a few weeks..I love that you can pollinate a branch or 2 and leave the rest sens..The structure and yields of the fruity ones are why I chose them for pollen..I would love to make something with Blueberry to help with its touchness (only got an ounce last time I grew BC Early BB..but still nice smoke)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Most of the pollination I do is selective, unless you are selling them I have no use for 500 f1's

• Like Like x 2