First Guerilla Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OxyC, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Hey everyone. I've been a member for a while but just now decided to start looking around and reading. I've gotten tired of paying for bud and have some bagseed that I want to grow. I've grown outside before, as well as inside, so I know the basics, but I wanted some expert advice on a spot I plan to grow in. Here's the situation.

I live in a major metro area in central FL. That means forestry is hard to come by. I have located a spot around 2 miles from my house that seems okay but it's at the intersection of two large roads that almost always have traffic on them. One of them has a Walmart right across the road from the trees. I thought this would be good because I could park in the walmart lot and walk to the wooded area. I measured the area on google earth and it's approximately 120 acres or .19 square miles (.31mi on one side and .64 on the other) I can plant ANYWHERE within this area. There are, however a couple of major issues that I need help with.

1. I'm worried about people seeing me walk into these woods. There is nothing in there and there is no good reason for being there. I was thinking I could say I was using my phone to find geocaches.

2. If I do plant and harvest, how will I transport the finished product out of the woods? There is also a small back road but I don't know how often it's patrolled.

3. Is it illegal to just be in the woods? I know how the cops are around here and if they get a call or something they will not hesitate to come out there and see if someone comes out. I wanted to know if it's illegal to walk around in the woods even if I don't have a specific reason to be there (Birdwatching etc)

There is water back there for sure, and I know I can find a place that light reaches during the day. I'm just wondering about those small details. Sorry for the long post and a lot of questions, I'm kinda nervous about it but excited at the same time. I just dont wanna get busted walking in and out of the woods with or without plants ya know?

One more thing. I only have a motorcycle as transportation. I thought this might be a good thing because even if I can't park it in the walmart lot, I might be able to tuck it in the woods somewhere. Downsides are it isn't very quiet.

Thanks for the help in advance! If I do find a place around here to grow, I'll make sure to keep you updated with pics.

2. I have a little experience and information from growing inside with my husband and I'm wanting to branch out and do something outside.

3. Whole thing sounds sketchy to me. From Kids to Homeless that hang around Walmarts. I would look into that back road more. Or keep looking for another spot.

Two miles? Anything at 10 to 20 miles out?

4. Oxyc, you have some big problems but you can overcome them by using your head.

First, wal marts parking lot is full of camera's and i wouldnt use that area to embark from. The people that review the tapes will see you and start investigating. I would drive down the dirt road during the day on my bike and see what it like. Perhaps you could hide your bike down there, but i would avoid wal mart.

Plus, it might help you to consider another approach to your grow. Where i live, we have heavy air surviellance and its only a misdemeanor to grow 4 plants. Because of this, we have a number of growers around here that only grow 4 plants per year and they grow them all in a differnt location. Just one plant in the middle of fallen trees or brush. They have 4, single plant sites.

In each of those sites, they plant a single strain that gets big and is hardy that willproduce 2+ lbs of smoke. Spontanica from KC brains is tough as hell, potent and can produce 3lbs of v ery good smoke. Armegeddon from HGF also grows to 12' with 3 lbs of whoopass on it.

POint is, you can grow 3 or 4 plants in 3 or 4 differnt locations and harvest 6-10 lbs of smoke.

Good luck

5. Thanks for the good replies guys. There should be some area around 15 miles out, that's in the area I used to live at. I know a few good grow spots over there anyways. I'll take a little trip out there and see what's what.

I agree about the walmart and I hadnt thought of that, that's why I posted lol.

I'll let everyone know how things go when I find a suitable spot. I was also considering a stealth PC grow but that's for the indo forum :smoke: