First guerilla grow, questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by paintballmyst, Mar 22, 2013.

1. So in a desperate need of good bud, and not being able to grow indoors due to state laws, I have decided to do a outdoor with my friend. We want one plant to start with.

I won't mention what or where, but we have a reservoir/park behind his house, with access to water and soil and sunlight!

I am buying an autoflowering strain because I heard you can grow it outdoor at anytime that isn't cold.

But I have some questions

-The area we could ACTUALLY get to (surrounded by water) had some clay in the soil, is this harmful or helpful?

-What is the best watering method? I want to let the plant grow and not go near it till harvest (due to laws)

-What is the best strain for this type of grow?

Like I said, we have no access to an indoor grow due to space, and roomates.

2. I am no expert, but I grew in a similar situation. Having some clay in the soil is okay, but it is preferable to have black rich soil. For each plant you sow, dig holes at least 2 feet deep and 2 feet in diameter then chop up the soil, throw in some green and brown vegetation, remix it and put it back. You could mix in some manure or compost or some other organic fertilizer. If you dont want to haul soil to the site, mix in some slow release tablets or dry granular fertilizer but don't exceed the recommended doses. If the spot is surrounded by water then once the roots develop and grow deep enough they will have access to ground water, thus reducing the need to water them. If there is enough water you may not need to visit the spot for watering at all. If you're going auto, plant several bushes to compensate for smaller yields. Or you could plant one big sativa that will eventually become a 7 foot (2 meter) monster with a hella lot of bud. I grew some bag seed on a small island in the middle of a small river that turned out to be some skunky sativas and they thrived in conditions similar to your situation. Good luck with that.
    -Chron

3. Yea it is surrounded by (not sure) I think a man made lake... should reach the ground though.

I wanna open plant, so it can get as big as it wants!

What do you mean by bushes? and how can I make them "small" aka not fucking giant that will tower the trees

4. You should got wit some sort of indica they stay shorter....the bigger the hole you dig the more space for roots to run easy gives you a larger plant sativas can get huge and have a longer flowering period

5. What I meant by bushes is your autoflowering cannabis plants. They are ruderalis species so they stay short and very bushy but have less yield, so you plant several of em. Careful with sativas, they will get tall. I grew a Thai Sativa by the water that got to about 12 ft. (3.5 meters) tall. If you go that route, you'll have to top your plants, tie them down or use other training methods to keep them down to the ground.
    If you want to go auto, I would suggest that you look into a strain like Think Different Auto Feminized by Dutch Passion. It wont get taller than 3 ft (1 meter) and will have decent yield for an auto. The breeder claims up to 250 grams from one plant. I'm going to give this one a try this summer.

6. you should expect to be visiting your site at least once a week or so, there's a lot of shit that can go wrong, planting in a swampy area might help you not water much. idk where you're located but it gets pretty hot most places in the summer. look for water crystals to throw in the soil. gluck!

7. While visiting the site at least once a week to water, fertilize and check up on your plants is a good caring habit, it is not principally necessary in guerilla growing. I grew on a spot surrounded by water, and didn't visit the site for months at a time and the plants grew into 2 meter monsters. It also depends on your climate. If you get dry spells in the summer, then you need to keep an eye on the weather forecasts and water during periods of little or no rain. In places where the spring is wet, you plant as early as conditions allow so by summertime the plant is big and has a deep root system that reaches into the underground wet layers and water deposits. The plant will tap into this moist soil when the dry spells of summer come around.