first growing attempt

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 33tygb, Sep 5, 2016.

1. hey guys, brand new to this (and let me start by saying that i certainly do know how slim the chances are of this seed taking root) but anyway. i recently was smoking some pretty good weed that my buddy hooked me up with, and i ended up finding a seed, usually i just throw them away. but this time i decided "why not?" so i made sure it was a white seed, and then i let it sit in water for two days so it would gain a taproot, it never did. but it did darken in color just a little bit and everyone else's ive seen are darker, so i took it as a good sign. i ended up putting it in a mug, with some higher quality potting soil (only about one knuckle deep, thats what everyone was telling me to do) and then i made sure the water was damp enough that it wouldn't dry out. and i put it out in a spot where it will get about 5-6 hours of sun a day. i was wondering what you guys think i should expect, like i said i don't believe it'll make it. but i figured id get a few more opinions. and like i said, im extremely extremely new to this, so don't be so harsh on me if i sound stupid haha

2. White seeds are no good you need brown seeds. You plant them just under the soil 1/4 inch then they need at least 16 hours of light a day or they'll flower early. The proceeds drainage holes even for seedlings.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. Pots need drainage and careful not to water too much. Someone steered you in exactly the wrong directions. I'd recommend against listening to said people again.

• Like Like x 2
  4. huh, for some reason i remember it being the white seeds that are good. oh well, where can i get some good seeds at?

5. The vault. They're awesome.

6. Whit seeds are immature. A brown seed that doesn't crush when you squeeze it in your finger tips is mature.

7. and also, i didnt overwater it. ive taken a few classes on environmental science, i know how to plant and grow, this is just my first time with weed

8. thank you my good man, hopefully i can get a bit of a grow up and running

9. I wasn't insulting you, over watering is the most common mistake I see people make, I say that to lots of people.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Then you should know the pot needs drainage with that schooling ..
    What you can expect is nothing , I'm sure you learned in your environmental science classes that the white seed turning black means it went rotten .