First grower: how am I doing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Lucdh, May 4, 2012.

1. #1 Lucdh, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    Hello!

I'm growing a few different strains outdoors and I wanted to know what you guys thought.
    We purchased the 5 clones in rapid rooters (or maybe it was rockwool?) 5 weeks ago. The strains are: Northern Lights, Cherry AK-47, Sweet tooth #4 IBL, Jedi Kush and Jack Herer. They ranged between 4 and 6 inches.
    We put the clones straight into soil, each in there own 4x4x4 plastic pots.
    Our light setup was a little odd. Each plant went oudoors and got 9-10 hours of sunlight per day. Then, to ensure they would not flower, we put them under cfls (4 x 27w 6500s) for an additional 6-7 hours per day.

We transplanted once, 3 weeks ago, directly into 5 gallons. This time I did some research and decided upon a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and FF Happy frog and then added about 15% extra perlite. Since the transplant, they have been doing very well.

My Questions
    -We are now in May, will they want to flower if I leave them outdoors?
    ~In other words, should I stop giving them supplemental light under cfls?
    -Any suggestions on topping or maybe pruning the plants?
    -Do they look like they have enough nutes?

*They have only been fed nutes about 3-4 times the entire grow. I didn't think they needed it in 4x4x4s, and then I figured the Ocean Forest would supply my babies with some nutrients for the first few weeks.

Here are some pictures:
    Northern Lights
    View attachment 873527
    IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2785(1).jpg

:smoke:

\t\t \t \t\t

2. #2 WaGreenGuru, May 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012
    Hey man just wanted to post on here being the first one.

Plants look nice and healthy, If you just transplanted a little while ago within 2 weeks I wouldnt nut for probably atleast 2 more.

Depending on where your at, If you have atleast 14 hours of sunlight your plants will be fine. Im sure that whereever you are that you have atleast 14 hours so you should be able to leave the plants out without supplemental lighting with no problems.

for training as your plants are already kinda past the point of lst. I would look into fimming, topping, and supercropping. Also if your going to be putting your plants into the ground instead of just leaving in the pots you could transplant sideways. But it is simple and it starts LST when your plant is past the point of lsting. But basically all your doing is putting the plant in the pot crooked so that it starts to grow back up from being sideways minorly.