first grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrgreenthumb13, May 6, 2011.

1. sick sick, ya same here i have talked to a lot of ppl, spent countless hours in the hyrdo stores hah. its all good though. ya i will definitely keep this thread updated till its time to cure. so be looking out!

2. thanks man! i will have to check it out and see. ya i feel like they would be clueless haha. thanks though

3. Ya they don't have the regular mylar rolls but they have that bubble wrap insulated duct wrap its like 24in x 20ft or something. And I didn't even think of my local htg I bought ALLL my equipment there

4. i hear mylar rips easy, is this true from anyones experience?

and what do you guys think of flat white walls, you think its better?

5. Would mirrors work the same way as mylar? If you put mirrors at a 45 degree angle?

6. here is an update for those who are still keeping track of this thread.

so i decided that it would be a good idea to get even more air flow into my closet grow. its pretty ghetto if you ask me but it gets the job done. the air coming from the ThermoFlo Ducting is not a fast flow but I feel it is enough to get fresh air in, and with my 2 fans inside the closet it keeps it at a good temp with good circulation of air.

btw i am on week 3 day 2. and they are coming along very nicely.

ps...anyone out there who know the strain white widow, and pot o' gold, help me out and i know ww is around 60 day harvest..but what if i have to cut it short..how bad is that. and anyone know the harvest time for pot o' gold?

Attached Files:

7. Whatever works to keep it cool right?
    I don't know how strong mylar is I have a tent but I don't think mirrors are a good choice tho its TOO REFLECTIVE... I think. Just like they say don't use aluminum foil

Mylar is definitely stronger than foil

I wouldn't shorten the flower time...Unless it was unavoidable like I died or something. I'm growing a white rhino strain (a purple breed of white rhino) that's supposed to be white widow crossed with great white and I know for sure a guy just let one go 10 weeks so it really depends on JUST HOW MEDICINAL you want it to be I've smoked the same strain at 7-8 weeks and It's still very good. So I'd say at least 7 weeks and I read that for white rhino at least,let it go to 9 if you really want to see the WHITE.
    I hope this helps some at least keep fighten the good fight brother....V

8. thanks for the info man, well why i was wondering if i could cut it short was because i am supposed to be moving/out of tome/ what ever you want to call it, i was just going by my nutrient calendar and it had a six week flowering cycle. so thats why i was concerned.

9. What nutes are you using 6 week chart is kinda short unless its calling for a two week flush.

But whatever you do plan on flushing the last week. I don't really have a flashing technique for ya tho every time I ask someone how to flush I get a different answer.
    I plan on removing the nutes for the last 1-2 weeks and just feeding ph water

10. I am using House and Garden Nutrients- the coco version. and it shows a 6,8,10,12 week flowering cycle.

so on top of the 6 weeks of flowering, i have to have another 2 weeks to flush? is that what your saying?

11. Yes you don't want to feed nutes all the way up until harvest you want to flush them out b4 you cure and consume or it taste bad I guess. Not to mention your smoking a chemical that's not made to be smoked.

There are flushing agents to, and the way I understand it, using one is like the difference between washing your clothes with just water or adding soap. The flush thoroughly cleans the nutes out of the system i guess. I do plan on using one in week 9

12. alright thats what i was planning on doing.
    thanks for the very detailed info man.

13. No problem. Anything I can do to help a brother out...V

14. oh man you guys have no idea how happy i am right now. its been a full 24 hours after i got my ducting yesterday, and what do you know it works so well. my temp is finally at a perfect consistent level 24/7. and my air flow is even better. best 20 bucks i have spent.

15. That's cool..today was the first day it reached 80 outside here.. I'm going to get another exhaust fan today temp reached 87 in my room today that's the highest its ever been

16. thats not to bad. it could be worse. it got to the 90s sometimes in my closet so i had to fix it fast.

17. whats the perfect temperature for the babies in an indoor environment?

18. I really don't know im still on my first grow haven't tried to experiment with heat.I'm sticking with 70-75 lt off ,80-85 lt on.

I think if the circulation of air is sufficient and humidity is optimal then prob upwards of 100 Deg Fahrenheit max but Idk

I've read somewhere 90 max

But I guess it really depends on strain tho if your looking for OPTIMAL TEMP. Outdoors different strains thrive in different climates that's why in the Emerald Triangle of California the outdoor growers have VERY GOOD harvest off of the afghan kush strains because there on the same parallel line geographically and both grow in mountainous regions

But in the end if you stick to no lower than 70 no higher than 90 you should do fine

19. thats what i figured man. thanks for the info. ya my temp is between 70-80 so its good.

20. for all of you who are keeping up to date with this thread thank you. here is some pics i took.
    2nd & 3rd image is pot' o gold, and 4th image is white widow.
    flowering- week 5 day 8.

22 days till harvest.

Attached Files: