first grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aidosmoke, May 22, 2010.

1. First grow, white widow [FONT=&quot]feminized seeds ,help needed.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]This is my first attempt at growing. Please see the attached photos. I germinated the seeds using the paper towel method which appeared to have gone ok. I initially had my seeds under a little plastic [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Propagator [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and they made rapid progress. However when I relocated the seeds to my grow room which I had planted in fibre pots (see photos) and placed them under my 125 watt CFl they appear to have stalled. The only think which has happened since I move them to under the light in the grow room is they seem to have started to grow at an angle.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I purchased the soil from a grow shop; I'm really not sure how much water I should be giving them. I know I should only water them when they are very dry, but I don't know how much water I should give them? I'm currently only giving each plant approc ¼ cup of water every other day.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] I'm currently using the 18/6 timing for the lights. I have an extractor fan and a fan at the bottom of my grow space. There is also fresh air entering my grow room which you can see to the right of the photo.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]You can also see the bigger pots I'm planning on using, when should I transplant the fibre pots into these bigger pots?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have also noticed the tips of the little leafs have started to go yellow. The temperature in the grow room goes from 17 [/FONT]Celsius [FONT=&quot]to 28 [/FONT]Celsius [FONT=&quot]throughout the day. The light is approx 6 inches from the plants. The seeds were planted into the fibre pots 9 days ago. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]When my plants are ready for the flowering stage I will transfer them to the flowering area which has a HPS 400 watt light.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance, please help.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Aidosmoke[/FONT]

Attached Files:

2. hey bro.im interested in this grow because ill be growing the same thing in a couple months .well ill tell ya id go ahead and transplant them and move them now to the hps,they,ll grow much faster which in the end is going to give more bud,also cover that stem up with dirt up to the bottom of the first set of leaves itll give more roots -more bud but the water is fine for now later wait until the top inch of dirt is dry then give em a good dose until bottom runoff ,im tuned in cant wait to see the new growth.:hello:

3. Hi
    thanks for replying to my post re my ww. I planted my seedlings into the bigger pots. I just made a hole big enough in the big pot and dropped in my seedlings which were in their fibre pots. i covered most of the stem with clay.

The seedlings really do look as if they have not grown at all in the last few days. And they are under a cfl 125 watt. I have an hps 400 watt ready but I thought I wasn't supposed to use that light for at least another few weeks. The cfl is within 6 inches of the plaants, and temp is usually between 20 and 28 day and night
    I would really appreciate any help, with my ladies. the plants are 11 days old..

Thanks
    aidosmoke

Attached Files:

4. Hi

Thanks folks for your advice and assistance with my first grow. Since I posted last I have noticed each of my three plants have developed another two leaves. I moved the light (125 CFL) closer to the plants and I have re-arranged my pots so they are closer to the light. As the pots are quite large it's difficult to get them into the perfect position. I will certainly pick a smaller pot for my next grow.
    I will continue with the 18/6 lighting and water only when required. I have nutrients for seedlings when should I start including this with their water.
    Thanks again for your help, I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!