first grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thebeatles, Oct 12, 2007.

1. hi there. i am attempting my first closet operation and was seeking advice.
    i have a relatively low income and cant afford hydroponic systems or high intensity light setups (i.e. hps or metal halide) and was wondering if i am taking the right steps in my situation. I have two 48" eco-lux daylight fluorescents (40 watts, 3050 lumens) and two cheapo 48" true value cool whites (40 watts) hanging from chains
    i am growing in a closet with 2 fans. i sealed the nooks and crannies with black plastic and taped a strip of mylar surrounding the plant on the walls. i sanitized everything with disinfectant and spray *ozium* around the room occasionally (*good idea?). I have light timers for 18/6 veg and 12/12 flowering. i have a dehumidifier directly outside of the closet set on a low setting and i have the heat in my house set at approximately 70 deg.
    I bought potting soil with sand and pearlite in it and i also bought jiffy-pots, peat moss, and seperate pearlite.

i will be picking up fertilizer soon.

is it possible to sustain a plant under these conditions and actually produce buds?
    does anyone have any advice on how to utilize my items or how to setup a certain way?

any advice would be awesome and very much appreciated!

i am hoping to post pics of its progress if all this works.

2. all i can say is figure it out... growing a plant that produces bud is not a hard task...and is almost inevitable in the conditions your describing.

3. thanks for the advice

4. yeah u shouldnt have a prob doing that. good conditions really but like mine and check it out...its doing fine i think..lol...its under haze x xkali mist grow with pics in this forum...check it out

5. yeah, yours dont look too bad

6. Ozium may or may not be a good idea.

Attaching pictures will help peeps give you any pointers.

I would set it up mimicking someone elses setup that you find, there are plenty on the forums. Then post some pics back up and ask for advice or ask questions about any problems you come across.

7. sounds good. i will have to do that. thanks for the pointers guys.
    i will have to start a grow journal with pics soon.

Grasscity Deals Near You