First Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mordecai, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Hey, I just started growing my first plants. I did all the research I think I need but Im just curious on what a well cared plant should look like after 5 days in the soil. If anyone has a picture or could maybe tell me, that would help me out a bit. Thanks

2. post a pic dude. was it germinated before u put it in soil?? was it a clone transplant?? u gotta be a little specific the more details the better.

3. The seeds were germinated. They've actually only been in soil for about 4 days. I have my lights on for 16 hours and off for 8 hours. I have a mini green house for them, and i have a flourescent fixture that holds two bulbs. The fixtures are about 16 inches away from the sprouts. I always make sure the soil is moist and fluffy. The plants are all a dark vibrant green color and all look pretty healthy.

Im just curious about their sizes. Maybe Im just worrying.

My light cycles are even every day so far. I turn the lights on at 8 pm and off at 12 pm. They're off while im at work (just under 8 hours) and when I get home and turn the lights on, I notice most have grown and some haven't grown much.

4. Don't know if anyones reading this, but I just checked the plants before turning the lights off and some plants have started growing their second sets of leaves and some are pretty close to the same.

Are there better bulbs I can buy for the flourescent fixtures that will help my plants grow better?