First Grow

Discussion in 'Security' started by Jrock90, Jul 19, 2018.

1. whats up tokers!

New member here and in the process of setting up my first grow. I will be running a Bubbleponics setup (top fed DWC). I’ll give somewhat of a list of my grow, and update with pictures as I get everything up and running. Any suggestions/input are appreciated.

Apollo 5x5 grow tent
    (2) 600w Vipar LEDs
    Ventech 6” 440cfm
    Carbon charcoal scrubber
    (2) 16L/min air pumps
    (2) 880gph water pump
    (2) large air stones each reservoir
    (2) clip on fans
    (2) drip manifolds
    3.75” net pots
    GH Flora Trio
    Hydroguard
    SM90
    Rapid Rooters/Hydroton grow medium
    I also already have all the air/water tubing etc

I’ll be using 2 12-18 gal storage totes as my reservoirs with about 5 gal of nutrient mix

For simplicity I will use fastbuds auto flowers for my first batch or so.

2. welcome aboard mate. well done for taking the plunge on your first grow. not many people go hydro from the get go, lucky if its 1 in a hundred on the forums.
    if you need any help give me a tag or pm. always happy to help out newbie hydroheads. the world needs more of us lol.
    make sure youve got decent ph and ppm metres.
    the cheapy ppm metres on amazon are ok but you need to spend a bit of cash on a decent ph metre. i use the ‘essentials’ one. about £50. theres cheaper ones thatll do the job but ove been through 4 that all stopped working right pretty quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. For me, hydro was the only consideration. The benefits really seem to outweigh any hassles.

Yeah for now I just went with amazon ppm and ph meters. HM digital for ppm and instecho for the Ph meter. I will look into it some more.

4. Maybe LEDs aren’t as strong as HPS, but if you have 2 600w bulbs, you could do 2 4x4 closets and harvest every 4 weeks. Provided you have another place to veg. Just my opinion.

5. So here’s an update now.....plants have been in top fed dwc for 2 weeks tomorrow.

I’m running 10 gals of nutrient water in each res. Res temps stay in upper 70s. Grow tent fluctuates from 75-82.

As far as nutes and supplements....I’m using Sm90, simply silica, GH flora trio, calmag plus, and suprekelp.

Overall they seem to be in real good health. Stems are starting to thicken and harden up, no discoloration in leaves, roots are very white, and roots reached the nute solution a cpl days ago (will remove top feed in a week maybe)

My only question is, the plants seem short. I’m already on the 4th or 5th node (last 2 sets of leave were 5 pt) but the plants are only about 3 inches tall at most.

Short plants don’t bother me bc I want to spend a lot of time mainlining, training, and I would rather grow the plant horizontally.

This is my first grow so I just wanna make sure it’s not something I’m doing that’s causing them to grow slow.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1