First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Thatguy89, Jul 17, 2017.

1. I myself never want tall plants. I used to. Until I saw I was yielding more with a short plant with better kolas than a lanky tall plant. They look great! When's the flip?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. Was thinking at 8 weeks I'll flip...there still only 9 inches tall lol. I'm going to tie down the main 4 tops there's lots of other little branches trying to make there way to the top...thinking 2 more weeks the canopy should fill the tent pretty nicely.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Looking great super healthy

• Like Like x 2
  4. Those look great!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for the compliments, I've run into a few problems since it's my first grow so they could be a bit bigger I think for how old they are but live and learn!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Any input on when would be a good time to flip? When plants stretch do they also get bigger in width? I'm assuming since I topped them when they stretch I might need to save some room for all the side branches to stretch outwards like they have been.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I would say soon cuz she'll double in size
    Then again it depends on your height restrictions

8. Not worried about height whatsoever...doesn't seem like it from a top picture but they aren't even a foot tall lol...more worried if they bush out further when they stretch since I only have a 4x4 space.

9. I see lol let em stretch on out then

• Like Like x 1
  10. When people say they double in size during stretch is that just height or overall plant size?

11. Usually in height all the nodes reach for tho sky

• Like Like x 1
  12. Good to know I think I'll give them a few more weeks and do some lst to let the smaller tops even out with the big ones

• Like Like x 1
  13. [​IMG]LST the ladies last night, things still looking good. Only topped once and now LST and I'm really impressed by the amount of potential bud sites. Day 41! Getting excited lol

• Like Like x 4
  14. Take mostly the top fan le a vessel away and it will seem like you've topped your plants even though u haven't more time to rejuvenate

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

15. Means more tops

16. Second pic is 1 week earlier from seed[​IMG][​IMG]

17. That's the one that is out of focus on the bottom left [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. [​IMG] already did yesterday nice looking babies by the way they look real happy

First grow

• Like Like x 1
  19. Growing ridiculously fast at this point will probably start 12/12 in a week or so...just have a little yellowing going on that I want corrected before I do...untied all the branches I had tied down just going to let them do there thing now, no Scrog this time cause of my watering situation but I'm going to set something up for next time so watering is easier then I can use a screen

First grow