First Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Johnjohnjr, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Your in soil so I doubt nutes will be needed for a while. I started on week 5 maybe 6. I begged nearly ten weeks, on first week of flower, still not even useing half doses..

I've only used fox farms but all I want to add is check. They might make 1 for soil and 1 for hydro like ff do. I nearly bought the hydro on without realising before my buddy pointed it out to me.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Also though when you buy nutes you also have to buy a ph meter or a ph solution kit... I personally just use the ph solution kits from pet stores they go for around 10-12 bucks and it's been doing me just fine.

Robs New Journal RQS SQ#1 Clones

3. And you just add the too your water when feeding ? Did this come with a pH tester also?

Sent from my Z981 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Doesn't come with a ph kit. And yes for example I'll give my plants either 1/2 tsp protect 1/4tsp magpro and 1/4tsp bloom or sometimes I'll just do 1/2tsp magpro... but yeah you just add small quantities like that... honestly with those ratios it balances itself out so I don't even have to ph... but I may end up having to using ph down once in a blue moon but that also depends on the water you use we most likely have different ph'd water and no telling what other differences so you at the very least will need something to check the ph with until you find a nice mix between the nutes that balances the ph out.

What I mean by balance out btw is that protekt raises the ph and bloom nutes or mag pro lowers the ph so you can balance it out to an appropriate ph without having to use ph up or down but you still have to test it just to be sure.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Im about too learn alot from you I can see man ,I've been watching your journal as well and I am more than positive j can trust you ,nice too now I'm not alone you know ,lol anyways I'll be trying too get in contact with them asap

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG] think I'll be alright with a couple of these ? Going too go ahead and move them inside but need something too get me by until I get my chips up .

7. They'll work fine for veg but you need something different for flower... LED would be good or HID but at the absolute very least you need some 3500k CFL's for flower but the bud won't be very dense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alright ,and what should I look for in terms of led and hid ?

9. Budget wise I'd recommend what I use Mars Hydro 300 Mars 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Hydro Veg Flower Indoor Plant Lamp 135W works great for individual plants. That light can get ya 2-4 ounces maybe more if it's a damn good grower and genetics.

Also if HID is something you are interested in you'd might want to wait for someone else to chime in I've never used one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #31 Johnjohnjr, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    Hell yeah ,So in my price range RightNow ,I could add another for additional plants correct ,how many Maxx do you fit under one ?

11. #32 generic98547, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Some people do two but there's no way two of my plants could share one... so I mean either one big one or two small ones... one big one would be better and yield you the same if not more. It's not the number of plants that matter just the environment... you can get pounds off of a single plant in the right light my goal next grow is to do three of the lights for two plants.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Awesome

• Like Like x 1
  13. #34 Johnjohnjr, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    Alright a whole week in ,love coming outside and seeing how much they've grown .going too be bringing them inside tonight ,picking up what I posted ,will keep you guys updated as soon as I get on that .

Seed 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seed 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Running into some problems finding this bulb in stores,had too order but was wondering what I should do with them until then ,I think they're ok for now but I messed up and got the wrong kind of soil it's actually an organic garden coir ,was suppose too pick up some perlite that goes with it but yeah ..rookie mistakes man I know ..here's a couple of pics

Seed 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seed 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also started a 3rd ,planed July 20th.

[​IMG]

15. I can find those everywhere except Walmart... Walmarts the only one that tends to be just led

16. 12 days in guys ..if anyone's got any feedback or questions please feel free

Seed 1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seed 2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seed 3
    [​IMG]