First Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by joeymars101, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Hi everyone,
    Im new to the forum and also new to growing as well. I have built a 3x1.5 cabinet (a little over 3ft tall) with a 300w viparspectra led (135 actual). I vegged under 8x23 watt cfls and lst'd them as well. I put the 3 of them into flower 3 weeks ago today and was just looking to get some feedback on how they are looking, any advice anyone may have and if anyone would have a guess as to about how much they would yield. All 3 are bagseed and I have no idea the strain. Im getting really excited the closer i get to harvest, theyre starting to smell pretty strong every time I open up the door. I have a second veg cabinet so that I can toss some more into flower when these girls are done (almost immediately), so i will be able to harvest about 8-10 weeks? I vape about 1.5g a day so id use about 100g before the next harvest after this. Am I overestimating what i will get out of this yield? and if so any suggestions as to how I could keep up a better supply for myself or would that just include expanding a bit? Thank you I look forward to hearing some feedback!![​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. How many days of flower has that been I'm so baked I can't read it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. It's been 22

4. Gotcha thanks

5. If heat wont make much of a difference add more light for higher yield, you'll probably get something around the 60-90 gram mark

6. Awesome thanks for the tip. My Temps are dialed in right around 80 right now so I don't know how much more i would be able to add. Would you suggest another led or just a different type of supplemental lighting? And how much of an increase would it produce about?

7. 80 is ideal for majority of strains.
    There's more of a relevance in actual wattage on lighting and how much you'll produce per actual watt of light, amateur grower .5grams per watt and experienced grower 1gram per watt and master growers 1.5 per watt.

Add another light 3 weeks into flowering will help you achieve more dense nugs for sure.

Good thing to know in case you don't,but more plants don't produce more buds without sufficient light for each. if you had 1 plant under that light you would achieve the same grams or more and that weight would of been the density of the buds. No one likes fluffy nugs

Your grow Is and looks great tho

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roughlyyyy your a 2 oz a month smoker,

IMO...upgrade buy another light even a vipar 600 or mars 600 and do a 4 plant perpetual cycle. 2 in flower under your vipar 300 for 4 weeks and then move those under the 600 for final 4-5. Have new planted vegged 1 month then put new ones under the 300 once you harvest from the 600.

Every month you should harvest 2 plants under about 250 actual watts will give you about 125 grams of pretty dense nugs and some popcorns too.

If you don't need that much supply
    you can always do 1 under each light instead of 2 and the nugs will sure be

9. Wow thanks for the help I really appreciate it good stuff to know for sure. I'll look into a more powerful led for the next cycle for sure. Would it be worth it to take out the two smaller plants and only leave the big one for the rest of flower or is it better to leave them at this point?

10. Im looking to order that light within the next day or so... my only concern would be if the vipar 600 would be too much since I cant raise the light any more than about 16 inches above the canopy. The cabinet is only 3 feet high. Also would the 600w add to the heat at all?

11. Just leave them your still going to have a good harvest

12. Led stay relatively cool and just let the LED grow into the lights 3 ft is plenty of height. "Worst" case scenario goes up a couple degrees too much and need a axiel fan

13. Okay i'm going to give the 600 a try for the rest of flower and see how that does. Ill keep updating on how its going. Thanks everyone!

14. The light came in wednesday and i put it up immediately. Its been running now for 3 days and the plants for the most part have been looking great! I watered/fed them 2 days ago and they looked amazing yesterday, however I opened it this morning and just the leaves near the top of just my one biggest plant are drooping pretty significantly. Ill post some pictures of before and today. I'm just wondering what this would be from (maybe over watering or feeding?), and also how I would fix it.
    With the vipar 600 switched in halfway through week 4, will I also see a significant difference in yield? or will it be more in the quality of the bud. Im hoping for a little of both. Im shooting for a minimum of 2oz, am I pretty far off from what it actually will be? Can't wait to hear some input, im sure i'm over thinking it but im getting worries about those drooping leaves, I just hope whatever it is wont stunt growth significantly or anything.
    The first two pics show the drooping leaves on the plant on the left and the second two show what it looked like yesterday and the day before. Please help!!
    20170128_085523.jpg 20170128_085510.jpg 20170125_174913.jpg 20170127_135850.jpg

15. Drooping is probably just from the watering, they should perk up again soon. Looks like an excellent grow man, really healthy looking plants

16. Okay that makes me feel better thank you! If the temps with the new light peak at 85 is that too hot?

17. I bet you'll get around 50 grams from the biggest plant. Nice looking grow, I wouldn't upgrade lights, perfect your growing skills with what you got and I'm sure you'll be able to double the yeild per plant compared to now. Having one or two plants in veg alongside is a good idea if you want a perpetual harvest cycle.

Also for next round you should look into removing big fan leaves to promote undergrowth to catch up to the canopy. Nothing wrong with your lst skills though! ^^

18. Looks awesome dude, make sure those led are at around 12-16" off the tops

19. My grow room is 95 and my plants are fine

• Like Like x 1
  20. They're right at about 16" right now and the temps are staying a little over 80 everything seems to be going pretty smoothly I'll post some more pics in a week or so