First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ECtransplant, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Got into growing for my wife. She got a California med card 2 years ago and is tired of paying for something we can grow. I researched and put together a 4 bucket DWC system with Resivoire. The set is in a 4x4 tent. I finally got the lighting/fan situation figured. Being the the garage in the Bay Area it gets hot. Air is fed from a 8000 btu portable a/c to pressurize the tent. The light is an led from Amazon.
    We started 4 purple kush clones two weeks ago
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yesterday
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  2. Do you have an exhaust fan ?/ You should also have a small fan blowing across the plant tops , it helps strengthen the stems to hold all those buds you're going to have and circulate the air . You do NOT want that cold a/c air blowing directly on the plant , too cold for them Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. No exhaust fan. A/C unit pushes the walls of the tent out with a 6" top outlet open. A/C is set at 75*. Still fine tuning. Circulation fan is on its way. Got it set to draw air from outside the tent. Even has a hillbilly hepa filter. [​IMG]

4. #4 The Widow White, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Nice job. Have you grown before? Looks like you're moving along a bit smoothly to be someone with no experience. I guess I "am" the wife. It was the same way here. Couldn't find anything decent unless it was outrageously priced and you had to go through 4 kids to get it...which I don't do. I had said for years I wanted to give it a shot, so once both the kids were married and out of the house, I dove in neck deep and haven't looked back since. Hubs had a really bad auto accident in '09 and is really in bad shape from injuries with the wreck and my Mom has Parkinson's disease. I figured that between the 3 of us, we could benefit from this plant. LOL We, or I, do a soil grow. My husband has been an incredible help as far as helping me get the grow setup together and dealing with construction issues, but he left the "growing" of the plants all up to me...bless his little heart. Never lacking an opinion on my method yet never bothering to try to research or try to figure any of the "process" out, he has no doubt he can outgrow me any day of the week. LOL I'm able to live at home and care for my Mom and provide her a good life for however many years she has left...she'll be 89 next Saturday. I grow a few more than the average bear, but it's just because I have the setup to do it with and enjoy doing it. I'm here all the time anyway and it helps us out, but I enjoy the heck out of it. Good luck with yours!! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. First time ever. I am a Steamfitter by trade so I run pipe in my sleep. We run industrial piping along with heating/cooling for commercial buildings. My tent is just a tiny version of work. As for actually growing something green, that's why I joined the forum. My wife is an amazing gardener. The only thing i can grow is frustration. I'm running the system and relying on her to tell me what the plants need.
    All of this is for her fibromyalgia. A cocktail of meds had her screwed up for years. Now, a little smoke, sip of wine and life gets better.
    Kudos to you being a caregiver. Watch my aunt care for my grandfather as he slipped into dementia. Not easy at all.

6. Latest growth. Four weeks in rdwc with EH [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Looking good! Keep updated and let me know how the buds are eventually!

-Cashin