First Grow - Dr. Who

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GameMakerChick, Jul 20, 2016.

1. You can take a clone basically anytime you want....early clones will root faster than clones taken after you start the flowering cycle...I've had early clones root within a week whereas later clones taking as long as 3-4 weeks. I always take later clones because I just don't have the space to keep early clones vegging for months at a time before I can flower them...try to imagine what your needs and available grow space are before deciding on how early or late to take a clone. If you have limited space, I would take a clone at around week 4 of flower to give her enough time to establish some nice roots so she'll be ready to veg and flower shortly after you harvest your existing flowering plant(s)

2. Crickets........

3. Update 8/20: Sorry, been busy at home and work. Things seem to be going well and all the leaves are now getting the white spindles.

[​IMG]

4. Update 8/27: So I have a problem - my plant is outgrowing my tent and the leaves started stretching. I moved things around for now until I can get something more permanent setup till this grow is over since I underestimated space. Thinging moving it to my hall closet.

Before:

[​IMG]

Plant:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:

[​IMG]

Again just temp for a day till I can get the other area set up. For my next grow, I will be able to plan better for 12/12 so that the plant does not outgrow the tent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You might consider doing some light LST? Usually plant training is suggested for earlier stages of growth but it's not unheard of during flowering, just requires a super careful hand. Best of luck!

6. I have and tried after 12/12, however, I broke a branch :( More have grown in its place, but I will save that for the next time. Next week I will get my clone cut and start to root as well and will do LST on that one when it is older.

7. Update 8/30: Really getting there. Can't wait!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. I start lst at about the fifth or sixth node. I bend it over sideways and every side branch becomes a top cola the as they come up I tie them down and make em grow sideways. I got 40 something tops on my romulan-k I'm growing right now doing that. The older they are yhe more likely you are to break branches doing lst and super cropping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. This gal has been on 12/12 for three and a half weeks, so I think based on the result, she was a little too far along for a noob to go it well. Things seem to be going well with the pot being tilted a bit. Next go, I won't underestimate size when I stop 24hr light.

10. You have to pinch the stem really hard before you bend it, you'll actually feel a pop. Roll it in your fingers a bit sometimes. Seems brutal but when you super crop in flower it needs to be done. Tried taking some twine and just tying it to the top bending it and fasten the twine to the pot? It doesnt have to be a lot. Any bud getting direct light comes up on every plant I've grown. I don't blame you for being nervous though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I can try that today :) Yea, i just don't want to mess up again but all part of the learning process, right?

• Like Like x 2
  12. It is. There's good tutorials for both lst and super cropping. It helped me to see someone do it.

13. Update 9/11: Slowly getting there and looking healthy :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Update: 9/16 I am guessing it will get pretty bigger in time? At this point I am trying to see how long I need to go.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. Update: 9/19

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. Could do with seeing a full shot of the plant to provide more advice? Looking at your earlier posts, above update is 42 days since 12/12. Should count bloom from when plant started showing pistils which can be up to 2 weeks after the flip.

This could mean actual flowering is only day 28, you may be only halfway as generally strains go 8-10 weeks.

Do you have a microscope or jeweller's loupe? You need to be examining the trichomes on the buds, these should be at very least cloudy for a sativa-ry uplifting high, or more amber for more of an indica-ry stone, personal preference and another reason homegrown is always better than dealer bought when you get it right!

17. Note if you harvest when clear it will likely result in a racy, anxious paranoid high! which is what I used to experience with bags bought off the street, not pleasant, I'd be wanting to avoid this at all costs. Growing is not a fast process, if you want speed you need to look at autos but even then very few finish in less than 60 days.

18. I am getting a jeweller's loupe in the mail tomorrow and will take a photo when I get home from work tomorrow :) Thanks for all the advice. I can see now that the 2nd grow will be a ton easier!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Update: 9/28 So I moved the lights as far away as I could this morning since the photo below taken yesterday showed leaves stretching a bit up. Again, the pot it tilted due to underestimating the amount of room needed in the tent and I was a bit uncomfortable with lrt after breaking a branch. This thing was started from a seed and is not taller than my almost 5 year old.

[​IMG]

The trichomes are all still clear, so I am guessing I may have another 4 to 5 weeks to go. For me, the pistols showed before the 12/12 flip.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. They will do most of the fattening in just the last couple weeks.

• Like Like x 1