First grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Faolan, Apr 16, 2016.

1. #1 Faolan, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    Hello! I'm a first time grower and I'm not expecting anything out of this it's more of an experiment. Anyway this sprouted overnight but I think something's wrong with it? I don't know what I should do.[​IMG]
    All advice is appreciated !

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. don't do anything just wait. it's fine so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Looks ok will straighten up and open up very soon

• Like Like x 1
  4. Have you got it under light? Or just out on a window?

5. I had it in a south west window earlier (I move it around the house to follow the light) but took it out about 20 minutes ago (wasn't sure if it needed a ton of light at the moment) should I put it back?

6. I'm no expert mate new to this my self ill be at your stage soon have you kept it in dark till sprouted?

7. Somewhat. I had it on top of my cable box for warmth with a plastic bag with a few holes in it over the top. Also best of luck with your grow :)

8. 100% Ok the seed shell gets stuck often, itll come off, if it doesn't in a few days gently pull the seed apart. Good luck with your newly born plant

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks! Should I put it back in the sun?

10. you want it to have at least 16 hours of light every day until you want it to flower. then 12 hours of light and 12 of complete darkness. Unless of course it's an auto.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Yes ideally I would grow outside in full sun. Let it have all the sunlight there is in a day, it needs light to grow. I wouldn't advise window grow unless there's no blinds and complete sun. I got 4 plants in my backyard right now and its loving the sun. You should put yours outside too if the weather permits it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Thanks for the advice! I've been keeping an eye out for good locations to plant. I have a ghetto green house I might put it in soon but I'm kind of worried someone might get curious and check that out lol

13. Lol turning this into a thread I'll post updates on. So the plant is doing fine. But another plant that I though died seems to have pulled through but doesn't show any sign of growing its first leaves[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Not all seeds are created equally but they are all built to survive, she will probably be a "late Bloomer"

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  15. Be sure to leave the plant in a open window so that you are not losing the UV Rays blocked by the glass. Also, more light is better at this point in order to prevent stretching. I personally don't recommend the window sill if you have another small grow light (or cfl) available. Direct, bright (but not under a hps) light will give you tightly stacked nodes. Sparse light or not enough direct sun will make your plant stretch like a weed stretching for the light and will be weak and spindly with nodes that are way too far apart for efficient growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Day 7 update: Over watered a little lol. 2nd plant looks like it's starting to grow the first leaves

[​IMG] [​IMG]

17. #17 Faolan, Apr 22, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Do you guys think a daylight 4700 lumens 85 watt (300) 6500k led be enough for 2 small plants throughout their life? I don't plan on letting them get very big maybe a foot or two?

18. Golden rule

100wat for one plant and 50w for each additional plant

Actual watts not equivalent

19. [​IMG] What's up with these leaves?

20. Lol mad that looks fucked up