First grow!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ganjagrower327, Mar 17, 2012.

1. #101 HispanicPanic, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012
  2. I subbed btw. And your plants are looking great...im jealous haha.

Ill take your advise and cut off the lower fan leaves. IM TRUSTING YOU, MAN! lol.

I'm not going to cut any branches with a budsite, though. Reason for this is my 600 is penetrating so well that I think that they are all getting enough light.

3. #103 HispanicPanic, May 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2012

Thanks man! Haha...ya i wouldnt cut anything with budsite on it...we actually cut off what we did the first week they were into flower...they shot up thats for sure but once we could SEE what was NOT getting light...we just took off...ill snap a pic of the lower end of our plants and let you get an idea. But dont go murdering the plant obviously lmao...

4. Been awhile since I have posted pics...I think that everyone following this will be shocked to see some of the recent progress....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BUDS

The yellowing is getting pretty bad, though :( you just cant see it under hps....

5. The buds are getting bigger every day, I'm happy as hell. I guess the yellowing is my strain, because they are doing good atm.

Anyone got any tips for my last few weeks of flowering?

6. ya just flush them the last couple weeks. other than that they are looking right on schedual

7. Does anyone have any rough estimates on how much those 4 plants will yield, dry? Think I will meet my goal of 1 to 1.5 ounces per plant?

8. [quote name='"ganjagrower327"']The buds are getting bigger every day, I'm happy as hell. I guess the yellowing is my strain, because they are doing good atm.

Anyone got any tips for my last few weeks of flowering?[/quote]

How far in are you into flowering?

9. [quote name='"thatpiffguy"']

How far in are you into flowering?[/quote]

Like Hispanic said keep flushing!
    I flush for 3weeks as I let it go to 9.5 week.
    Looking good tho

10. I have not flushed them yet, as I am only 5 weeks into flowering. I'm thinking about giving them one more feed, then flushing after that. I water every 3 or 4 days.

The yellowing has stopped spreading as fast, and now I'm almost sure that they will be okay. I pick about 4 or 5 brown (completely dead) fan leaves off every water.

11. Looking good buddy! Sorry I'm late but I just read through and I've got some answers to your questions

1) Yellowing/dying leaves at the bottom of a plant happens to every single person, it is no problem at all. Just pluck em off :) before I put my plants in flower I trim the bottom 1/3 of the plant off, budsites and all. What this does is it causes your plant to use the energy it would have used for those light starved lower bud sites and puts it into forming even bigger buds up top. What you end up with if you don't is smaller buds up top and even way smaller airy popcorn buds on bottom. No one wants that :(

2) If you do have yellowing on other leaves its a nitrogen deficiency. It means your girls want morey nitrogen, so give it to em!

3) I would suggest giving them a high dose of phosphorus and potassium this last feeding (I would actually give them two more feedings if your on week 5, but that's just me), it really helps pack on the weight when the buds start to swell.

4) As long as you let them finish properly you should have no problem getting an oz off each plant, more like 2 oz if your runnning a 600.

Let me know if you have any questions that's why this website is here :smoke:

12. [quote name='"SunnyVale"']Looking good buddy! Sorry I'm late but I just read through and I've got some answers to your questions

1) Yellowing/dying leaves at the bottom of a plant happens to every single person, it is no problem at all. Just pluck em off :) before I put my plants in flower I trim the bottom 1/3 of the plant off, budsites and all. What this does is it causes your plant to use the energy it would have used for those light starved lower bud sites and puts it into forming even bigger buds up top. What you end up with if you don't is smaller buds up top and even way smaller airy popcorn buds on bottom. No one wants that :(

2) If you do have yellowing on other leaves its a nitrogen deficiency. It means your girls want morey nitrogen, so give it to em!

3) I would suggest giving them a high dose of phosphorus and potassium this last feeding (I would actually give them two more feedings if your on week 5, but that's just me), it really helps pack on the weight when the buds start to swell.

4) As long as you let them finish properly you should have no problem getting an oz off each plant, more like 2 oz if your runnning a 600.

Let me know if you have any questions that's why this website is here :smoke:[/quote]

Could of said it better myself!
    I couldn't get to trim the bottom of mine due to late night finish and early starts due to work but will Defo try. Normally an auto guy but trying out ak48 this time round

13. [quote name='"thatpiffguy"']

Could of said it better myself!
    I couldn't get to trim the bottom of mine due to late night finish and early starts due to work but will Defo try. Normally an auto guy but trying out ak48 this time round[/quote]

Meant to say couldn't

14. Okay so I am using the general hydroponics flora series (flora micro and flora bloom only right now) I am using 5 ml per gallon of each, is that good enough? or should I go 6? because the yellowing is all over...but I don't want to burn them...

As you can tell I am very new to nutrients.

15. [quote name='"ganjagrower327"']Okay so I am using the general hydroponics flora series (flora micro and flora bloom only right now) I am using 5 ml per gallon of each, is that good enough? or should I go 6? because the yellowing is all over...but I don't want to burn them...

As you can tell I am very new to nutrients.[/quote]

Try bumping the micro up to 7 or 8 ml/gal

16. Oh wow that much? Alright ill give 7 a try and see what happens then :)

17. Try 7 and go up. Don't be scared to give your girls what they want. Always start low and go up until your plants are healthy, not just to what is recommended :smoke:

18. I am real eager to try more micro...but they weren't quite ready for water today, maybe tomorrow.

19. [quote name='"ganjagrower327"']How much do you think I should water guys? I get the idea of how often (I stick my finger 1 or 2 inches down and if its moist I hold off) but I need to know how much. Right now im giving them 1 quart of water each. 2 quarts makes it drain out the bottom. So what do you guys think? Please help![/quote]

I just re read this. You want to water until you get water coming out of the bottom. Put your pots in little trays to collect the runoff water. Then you can get a cheap (20$) ph meter to read the ph of your runoff water. If its between 5.8-6 your golden. If not you need to adjust the ph of the water your giving them. Above 6.0=lower the ph. Below 5.8= raise the ph. Your water should be between 6.8-7 before you water them if your using ffof. When you water them the runoff water that comes out of the bottom will be a different ph. The ph of that water is roughly the ph of your soil.

20. Yeah I have been watering them with one full gallon of water. Ive learned that if you put more water through you push more of the salts and nasty stuff out. My ingoing ph is at 6 and my runoff is usually around 6.4-6.7. I water my plants over those one gallon painters buckets. The pots im using fit right on them.