First Grow - Yellowed and crispy 8 weeks into flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mannhands7, Feb 11, 2012.

1. #1 mannhands7, Feb 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2012
    Hi Folks!

Long time lurker, first time poster. So I'm 8 weeks into flowering and it's not looking so good all the sudden.

I'm using Promix #3 with only RO water adjusted with vinegar and a dash of epsom salt.
    During veg I added a little 5-1-1 fish fertilizer.

So this was my first attempt and it was going pretty good until about 3 weeks ago. I added some 0-15-15 fish bloom fertilizer (mixed about 1/2 strength) and she just turned completely yellow. My best guess at the time was over watering and I held back for awhile.

Last week I did a complete flush and I can see the leaves on even the buds are yellow and crispy (weren't that way on monday). So is there anything here that can be saved? Any ideas what I can do to minimize my losses?

Thanks

Manny

Soil
    Promix #3 with 15% perlite
    Indoors
    What strain? - Highgrade Seeds Purple Cindy
    8 weeks into flower
    150 HPS
    How far from the lights? 12" or so
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? 2 times a week, probably less since it turned yellow. I feel the soil first
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? 0-15-15 about 2 weeks ago, maybe 1/2 gallon at 50%
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? I never water enough to get runoff, didn't check when I flushed two weeks ago
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70-72 degrees, don't have a humidity meter
    What size pots? 3-4 gallons
    Any bugs? Look real close. Not that I can see
    Any other pertinent info?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Try curing the bud if possible. If not make butane hash oil. It's not as bad as it looks. Just let it cure like any other harvest.

3. Thanks!

Does that look like overfert/overwatering to you? Just want to understand where I went wrong.

Any advice on what to do for the next 2-3 weeks before I harvest?

Manny

4. Does look like nute burn. Flush with pH adjusted water. Then only use pH adjusted water (NO NUTES) to feed your plants for the next 2 weeks until you harvest.

5. #5 mannhands7, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2012
    Ok, I think I know the problem at least now.

I stuck my ph meter in the soil and it was reading between 8.0 and 8.5. I've been only adding water that was adjusted to 6.5 and just figured I was in the clear all this time with the PH.

I took the advice given above and mixed up a batch of 4.0 ph water and gave it a good flush. The meter was reading 6.5 when I was done with that.

Before the flush the soil was really soggy and I haven't watered for awhile (5 days). I dug up around the edges of the top of my container and put in a little vermiculite to help with drainage. I also pointed the fan directly at it.

I'd say it's looking about the same but pretty much every fan leaf is in rough shape. Still some green on the buds though.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

6. You would do better next time to ammend the promix with some additives to feed your plant thruout it's life, and not have to resort to stuff in a bottle, which probably burned the hell out of them. They have some good soil mixes in the Organic Section of GC, I think you should stop by and look at them.

I'd just not mess with them at this point, chalk it up to experience, and cure and smoke that puppy when it's done. You'll do better next time, we all do :D