First grow with bag seed what do you think?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gregmagnu, Jan 25, 2013.

1. They're bag seed and I transplants them to 3 gal not to long ago.

Attached Files:

2. Looking good - That dog looks incredibly pleased to be involved in your operation.

You need to keep the height down though - Remove the top growth nodes to encourage the plants to bush out.

Do you remember what the weed was that the seeds came out of - its clearly Indica/Afghanica dominant.

What do the leaves smell like?

Hashy or sweet and fruity?

3. The seeds came from a low quality bag of weed, I don't know how to describe the smell, but it doesn't smell fruity, the weed it came from had a slight piney smell. What do you mean by keep the height down. I'm going to look this up but when you remove the top nodes where do you cut it off? Thanks for the tips.

4. Piney smells are normally associated with Haze varieties - which i dont personally enjoy so much - the Cannabinoid profile doesn't really help me.

By cutting off the tiny little new growths - right at the top of the plant - this makes the plant grow more heads - its a basic training technique used to increase plant yield.

the tent your growing in is about 60cm high yes?

Will you be moving the plants into a larger room or are you flowering them in this small space?

If you intend to flower in such a small space - training the plants and encouraging width rather than height is extra important.

5. #5 gregmagnu, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    The tent is 6 feet 7 inches tall, i'm going to use the same tent. Just regular scissors are fine right? I'm going to look up the cutting method on youtube and a few of the books on growing I have. But it doesn't matter how old the plant is, right?

6. Wow i guesses that wrong lol.

Youtube is your best friend - Jorge Cervantes taught me practically everything I know.

Yes any age is good - providing the plants are in the vegative stage. . Scissors will work but i like to use sterile razor blades - scissors tend to crush rather than cut -

I wouldn't recommend you cut anything off young seedlings - give them a chance to produce inter-nodal spacing before you start with any cutting.