First grow. White widow, QBs, DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Slappyjack1414, Apr 9, 2018.

1. damn if i had an even plant canopy like that with those results, id defoliate the shit out of the upper leafs so the lights is hitting all the way to bottom. All that inner shaded stuff would get light and plump up + love it!

Thats what im gonna do next grow too :3 Gonna be epic with the qb's. I'm doing something a little more unique this grow. The moment i can start using the new qb light im going to remove both current lights out and bend all the cola's to make an even canopy. Then ill use the qb's for max surface coverage :D

2. I LST'd this one and was tucking in the SCRoG pretty religiously, but then I had an emergency that took me from the house for a month. When I was able to get back, she'd over grown the SCRoG to the point it wasn't a true SCRoG anymore so I removed the screen. This is the result. The plan was nothing but even colas at this point, but I'm still happy with what I've got.

3. I'm going to do some more defol, but I'm not going all in. I'm giving the popcorn buds and lower stuff to my buddy to make into hash anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well for something you didnt mean to let happen, i'd say it turned out pretty good! Everything's looking to be in great shape.

i've yet to try a net. Still kinda getting a feel for the way it grows and me manipulating it.

5. lets see some of those buds!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fuck me mate you havent half smashed your first grow like.
    Thats some serious growin mate. Well done

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you. I think it paid to read up on it before I started.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  8. The breaker blows if i turn the lights up to 80% on all knobs. It lasted for 11 and a half minutes for the 1 test i did. It could be caused by 3 things.
    1. Too many things plugged into this room
    2. Bad wiring in this house, it was questionable when this place was built.
    3. The knobs i use get very hot to the touch and occasionally make a loud popping noise. This could be some sort of arc'ing and it blows the breaker.

I'll be testing the lights on an extension cord plugged into the kitchen later. If it stills pops, im going to try hooking up the qb's without the knobs and see if that fixes it.

9. i too did a lot of studying before i started, still didnt end up as well off as you haha. I was hesitant on diy types and wanted to go for LED but prebuilt so i went for a cheap grow to start. You went full throttle lol.

10. Did it work running off a different circuit?

11. Did a full res change out yesterday. I think something's off because she keeps drawing the pH way down. 5.9 down to 5 in 12 hours. Screenshot_20180804-074933_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180804-075005_Gallery.jpg 20180804_075054.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. I'm waiting for my P3 P4400 Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor
    to come in later today so i can see how much of everything its drawing. I'm wondering if the cause is due to the knobs can go up to 90v while drivers are 36v, maybe because i have the little screw maxed out and am maxing the knob its trying to draw more than its capable and something gives out.I know next to nothing about electricity, volts, amps all that stuff lol.

I did take the knobs up to 60-65% an hour ago and the breaker hasnt blown yet :3

13. My God, are you sure youre not feeding them crack?? How is it im 7 days ahead of you and yours look amazing! Damn haha, how many days in veg did u go? Maybe cause i only went 48 (too tall, had to flip) days, it took a little extra time for them to mature.

Here's mine :p 2 days and counting under the qb's

14. I vegged for a little over 80 days. 30 longer than I planned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Damn thats a beautiful thing man keep up the good work