First grow - Where to go?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zongzizong, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Ok well recently I did my first grow :-D

Its still in process, but she(or maybe she-he?) is 2 weeks into flowering and I can see its at least a female, but I cant tell whether or not the little things im seeing are male parts or the bud starting to come in. Thats a whole other discussion. Anyways, I do not really remember where I got this seed and am not sure how good the MJ is gonna turn out from it.

Ok, the problem is, if it does turn out good I would like to clone it. It is jut bag seed, but I have gotten good and bad seeds before so I really dont know what strain or if it will turn out well. I have tried reading up on cloning, but a lot of the information is still unclear to me, so if anyone would like to answer a couple simple questions that would be awesome.

If I were to clone it:

Is there any way to know how good the quality is going to be proior to harvesting it all and smoking it?

Should I consider taking one(maybe two or three to make sure one lives?) clone off of it and grow it just in case it turns out to be pretty good?

If it does turn out well and I took a clone off of it and decide I want to grow the strain, can I eventually take the clone I made and can it become a Mother?

Thanks

ZONG

2. 1. Is there any way to know how good the quality is going to be proior to harvesting it all and smoking it?

2. Should I consider taking one(maybe two or three to make sure one lives?) clone off of it and grow it just in case it turns out to be pretty good?

3. If it does turn out well and I took a clone off of it and decide I want to grow the strain, can I eventually take the clone I made and can it become a Mother?

------------

1. First of all: It usually isnt that much about the seeds genetics. Its more about the quality of the growing process. If the plant looks very healthy and good its likely the yield will be of a good potency.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.