First grow when to flush/chop?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deleted member 1070567, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Hahahah.I thought that was coming..
    The plants were indoor plants and were about to be culled..instead I threw them outdoors to see what would happen.
    The 1st two were in THREE gallon fabric pots and then I dumped the cloth pots into a slightly larger plastic pot so the roots would grow thru the cloth and into the new soil (soil is so packed with roots..no way to push in a meat thermometer.:eek2:)
    I began with my usual Canna Terra Flores and switched mid stream to megacrop (way cheaper and just as good imo)..I add Ginormous PK boost and Herculean Harvest to the mix. Soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forest + FF Happy Frog + FF Strawberry Fields all mixed with perlite..

Here is a test I did with Megacrop (indoors) before switching (free samples at greenleafnutrients.com).
    megacrop.jpg

2. Awesome! Thanks for the link. I just signed up for a sample pack of nectar of the gods and I'll check out green leaf. Have you ever grow outdoor?

3. Back in the day (the 60's:D), we tossed seeds and what ever grew ..we harvested..This was my 1st legal/cultivated grow outdoors (Nevada, with MMJ card..plants out of plain sight to comply).
    NOTG is good shit..But mixing turned me off (not so easy foe me when I am stoned)..Megacrop is a simple 1 part powder that you increase as the plant moves from Veg to flower..I must add cal-mag (like the HH from nectar without the mag)..It is very easy..BUT I also add my own Ginormous (just a fancy name for Humboldt's PK boost).
    When I first got it..Megacrop said that was all that was needed..NOT but I was prepared as we grew.
    I have a hose spigot right there and can flush easily..My time will be short this time, since the plants have been drinking 4-5 times per day..Killing me.....PH water..):eek2::eek::eek2:

Since I don't want the plants finding any food when I flush..I will not ph the flush water..hopefully causing a lockout..making the plants scavenge themselves before they meet their destiny:)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Appreciate you sharing that with me....so much to learn with each crop/strain. Hopefully I will find some giant king can colas in future grows. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  5. You will!:)

6. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Could you give any further details on how exactly you would go about that? Thanks!

8. #28 Buzzer777, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    There are many threads both here and by using google..
    Here' one of the 1st that came up.
    FINAL FLUSH with Molasses?

9. #29 jgrows, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Sorry! And thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Never be sorry for a good question imo..and good luck ..if you need more help..ask the wizard on GC . @Tbone Shuffle

11. The flush subject is a rabbit hole and you'll get many different opinions. Some of the only scientific tests I've seen done on cannabis show that long flushes over about 7 days are pretty ineffective at removing much of anything from the plant.

With hydro it's advised to do a quick 3-5 day flush to get rid of potential extra nutrient buildup from strong blooming nutrient schedules but with organic growing it's almost impossible to flush effectively. The medium is made of nutrients. Can't really wash them out.

Read this guy's article called flushing science.

Scroll to the bottom and you'll see a link that says "flushing science". Can't copy and paste this website.
    Hydroponic Nutrient Science | Hydroponics

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks for the insight, I will be sure to read that

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1