first grow ,what I've learned from GC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wmemae, May 21, 2009.

1. some pics of the plants and and the one outside I does'nt want to grow a bit , it's the same age as the rest

Attached Files:

2. well here are pics from today .

Attached Files:

3. Within the next week they will be near double that size. They are a nice color, the pH must be spot-on.
    I'm not telling you what to do, but if i had those plants, i cut the lower fan leaves and branches off (that are closest to your system).
    You can lower the lighting to slow any stretching which might happen. Are you going to keep the plants under that light system for long?

4. my ph is 5.83 and and ppm is 570. as for keeping them under those lights . those are only for veging , as soon as I clone for sex , I will be germinating some purple widow seeds and durbin poison seeds , and when I find out the sex I will cut all the males and move the girls to my flower room with 2 400w hps thats the room with the carbon scrubber . why do you think I should trim the bottom fan leafs should'nt I be waiting for them to get some more nodes so I can clone , what ever is better , tell me what you think, thanks and peace

5. I'd cut those leaves and branches off for a number of reasons.
    Plants use the top of the leaves for photosenthysis and under the leaves to breath in carbon dioxide, the leaves aren't breathing when they are lying on the system.

Its good to have air circulating under the plant. It also cuts down on the possibility of mold and fungus.

Those fan leaves will die off anyway when the plant gets bigger, and those lowest branches will not produce much bud, if any, it will only be popcorn shit.

By cutting off those leaves and branches, the plant will put that energy into growth where it's needed.

Sorry to be the one to have to tell you, mate, but your DIY carbon filter wont be worth a damn.
    You need to take the active carbon back out again, and put another tube of mesh down the centre where you have filled it up with active carbon.
    And fill the active carbon between the outside mesh and the mesh tubing you put down the centre. That way, when you suck air through the filter, you are filtering the air through an inch or so of active carbon the hole way down the inside of your DIY filter. If you suck air throw the filter the way it is, you are only filtering the air through the first couple of inches of carbon that's closest to the fan. The rest of the active carbon isn't being used. There will also be too much resistance for your fan to pull air through the filter the way it is now.

6. wow thanks alot I will do that with the filter , and with the fan leaves , plus I checked the root and the are not even long at all , looks like a little afro of roots so I might be lucky by the time I find their sex out .

ps. I started reading your link in your sig and had to leave some where but I was great I am going to finish it now. peace

7. well I did the filter last night and while I was in the room I noticed the plants all drooping a little , tilting over . so at first I thought it was from the fan so I checked the stem for firmness and it was soft so I paniced couse I knew what I did , when I added water erlier that day I took off the hose from the pump to let the nutes circulate a little befor I adjust the ph and forgot to reattache the hose if IT WAS'NT for john telling me about my filter I would've never whent down to the room and they would've been DEAD:mad::( you fucking saved thier lives dude thanks and now the stams are nice and hard and all the leaves are staring at the sky

Attached Files:

8. well here are some pics from a few minuets ago , I just changed the water couse when I was checking the water and it smelled moldy . well I reset the ppm at 750 ph 5.8 and let it run

Attached Files:

9. here are some new pics enjoy

Attached Files:

10. Looking good.
    You could take clones of them for your next grow, and lollipop them where they are.

11. sorry john I did'nt understand the second part lolliepop them around

12. looks great man. where did you get that hydro system from?

13. thanks for stoping by and posting. that system right there was built , but the oraginal was somthing from ebay I seen

14. wow you built the white one? that's really professional looking nice job

15. thanks bro , it was very simple though, you can do it

16. Lollipoping means growing cannabis plants for their main cola. By stripping all the fan leaves and branches off 1/3 of the way up (2-3 weeks into flowering). Leaving lollipop looking plants. A Sea of Green type grow.

17. thanks john . here are some pics from a few mins ago

Attached Files:

18. shit I really can leave these things alone for a couple of days and not have to worry about them . I have'nt seen them for two days and I came back and theyre pushing on the light again
    , well here they go .

ps. I am taking clones in a couple of days to verify thier sex

Attached Files:

19. They are 6 weeks old today.

20. do they look fine for that age or do they look smaller