first grow ,what I've learned from GC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wmemae, May 21, 2009.

1. looking good broca...Ill be watching this one

2. john no I am not going to have 12 mothers just 6 for the time being untill I can pick the best out of the best . so I can get growing down packed . these are bag seeds from dank bud I got purple widow seed , durbin poision , holland hope and afgan x mazar for a real grow . would the areoponics hold back the roots . what is the differance. and what size pump would I need . here are the rest of the pics and some eye candy

Attached Files:

3. where can I get the good sprayers at online I know there are many diffrent kinds

4. thanks for the kind words I will keep you guys and gals posted daily thanks again

5. well I set the ph this morning when I took the seedling out and kept the system running with nothing in it but phed water , h2o2 . and air stone and every thing seems well guess it was the rockwool. question to anyone does the rockwool lose it's ph at all and equal out after a while or does it stay the same

6. It will. But i think you may need to change you nutrients. This time get a jug of pH5.0 (instead of pH5.5) water with H2O2, and pour/rinse it through the rockwool cubes. It should stabilize your pH level to be ready for hydro nutrients (i use Canna Aqua and i would swear by them).

7. is it canna aqua flora and vega A/B . should I get somthing els as well

8. If you can get your hands on those nutrients, i'd say you've solved your pH problem.

As for buying anything else...
    Only PK13/14 (Canna as well)
    I used to feed all sorts of additives to my plants, wanting these massive yields, but all i did was have headaches. I kept burning my plants, i always went that wee bit too far (it doesn't take much when you're doing hydro). I cant be with my grows 24/7, i can only be with them at certain times (when i need to). I've learned to keep things as simple as possible. I've kept problems down to a minimum. Yes, if you can fine tune everything, and constantly be watching over your plants, you can have good results with adding additives.
    What i'm saying to you is, those nutrients are all you need. I hardly ever use my PPM meter now. You will get to know how much to give the plants and when to give it to them. I've tried 3 different brands of hydro nutrients, and since i was recommend to use Canna, i've never looked back. Sounds like i'm advertising lol.

By the way, PK13/14 is only to be use at the begining of weeks 6 (if your plants are 8 week flowers). It says on the bottle to add 1.5 or 2ml (can remember) per litre of nutrient solution, but only give them 1ml per litre. I've learned the hard way, by giving too much.

9. I will order them right now . on another note I got the pete pellets washed and sitting in 5.0 phed water and the water jumps within seconds should I keep on lowering the ph or leave it alone it stared at 5.0 and in 5 min it was at 6.7 . so I should order canna flora and pk13/14 and thats good for veg and flower.dude I came across some of youre other posts and almost shit my pants. peace

10. What do you mean pete pellets, are they not hydroton clay pellets?
    No the PK13/14 is used at the end of flowering (just before flushing), and don't forget a little of that stuff goes a long way.

11. hey john, i used canna pk 13/14, probably a bit too much, and seem to have a slight calcium deficiency. does that stack up, sound likely?
    ive heard either p or k can lock out Ca so thats what i put it down to. any info is welcome though.

12. yes clay pellets . so I dont need the canna vega

13. this thread became very informational instead of a grow journal , is all good though I never came across any other posts on the techniques like yours thanks john I would rep I i could again

14. I've never heard of that before, it may do. But too much PK13/14 is a no no, especially at that stage of flowering.
    I also use PK13/14 in my soil grow as well. I did a test last year. I didnt applying any to a row of 3 plant, and i seen a bit of a difference during the 6th week. The 3 plants that didn't get the extra P K, their buds were swelling, but not as much as the plants that got the PK13/14. I honustly wouldn't use it unless i though it made a difference, as i said, i try to keep things as simple as possible.

15. thanks for those reps, but i'm not into them, i get more -reps than i do + rep, i'm not here for a popularity compition like some folk. I dont really care what people think of me. I come on here to learn just as much as anyone else, and i like helping people who help themselves.

16. You need to get both A+B Aqua Veg and A+B Aqua flora. Its a 2 part mix, if you add 10ml of A you add 10ml of B, they come in 2 part bottles/drums because if they came in one bottle/drum the nutrients will bind together.

17. thanks ordering now just wanted to make sure so I dont forget to order something and not the other

18. I cant get my head around this. It shouldn't jump that high.
    Are you washing and rinsing new pellets?
    Then presoaking them in 5.0pHed water?
    What is the pH of your water by itself?
    You are wanting the pH from the pellets and water to even itself of at 5.5, thats why i sugested to a low pH of 5.0.

19. the ph of the water by itself is 6.7 6.9 . and yes that is what I was doing. I read you telling someone else to do it and you were not being sarcastic:Dlook I put the smily face:D

20. Yes, my tap water fluctuates between 6.9 and 7.1 pH, so its not the water.
    So what you are saying is...
    You lower your water (6.9) pH, to 5.0, then you put the prewashed pellets in the water and it raises back up to 6.9pH.
    You mustnt be using alot of water to soak them in.

With a hydroponic system you need your pellets and rockwool stablised at a pH of 5.5 before introducing your seedling/clone to them. That means that if your nutrients/water are at the right pH, everything will be at the correct pH. That is why i first thought it was the algae.
    Your nutrients should be between 5.5 and 6.0, the right pH depends on strain and what stage of life they are at. I always keep mine at 5.8pH, that way i wont be locking out any nutrients throughout the plants life.