First Grow, What do you know? SCROG

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RyanGreen, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Hey Guys! I've been reading the grow threads in mental preparation for my own grow, and I'm almost done building my grow space, and just bought a 1000w hps light.

My grow space is about 4x6ft, and has a slanted ceiling going from 5 ft at the highest to 2ft at the lowest (growing on one side of my attic)

I hope you kind of have a mental picture now =)

I was planning on utilizing my high point, and doing a 4-6 plant angled scrog, which also makes good use of my slightly overpowered light, and I'll be able to keep the plants as low as I want.

Does this sound good?

What else should I do/do I need?

I have a few small purple trainwreck plants that I can get from my friend, or these seeds called 'gods gift' which is also some pretty bomb ass bud.

Any suggestions about, well, anything would be a huge help, as this is my first grow.

Pictures will follow slowly, I plan on doing a journal.

Thank You All!

Ryan

PS I also am hoping to do this organically, is it worth it? any suggestions on that would be great too!

2. Hey bro! your growspace sounds legit.. just a few things to consider. Temp control will be tough unless you already have an attic fan or some kind of HVAC in your attic.. otherwise id suggest white mylar around your plants and at least a 6-10" fan and some kind of (In/Out Airways to allow cool airflow.)with a 1000w light keep the light at least 36 inches from your plants..

Also something I've tried with my most recent grow is Phosphorus Bone Meal. It promotes root growth/strength follow the directions and dont use too much as it can unbalance your PH Lv. But my plants root system is flourishing and i could not be happier.. its like 4$ at wal mart..

other than that you seem to be doing all the right things! Good luck hope I helped :)

3. Wow man, you went for the big 1000watt dog eh, very nice. If your looking to maximize your space then I would suggest lst and scrog for sure. I also am on my first grow so I read every damn indoor journal I could and to me it looked like those growing in small closets always benefited with the scrog method. I chose to lst as well just b/c I want to keep them short and bushy. I wanna see that big ass light in your 4x6, should be interesting. I dont know nothing about an all organic grow but Im sure its worth it if youre anti-chem. Go get em man.