First Grow. Weird plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by EvanR021, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Hey all,

First time grow here. Just had one question. I had a Kilimanjaro sprout a huge taproot (3/4 of an inch or so) so I threw it into my hydroponic media (I am using an Aerogarden for the time being). I woke up the next morning to the seed itself being over an inch above the soil with the entire seed still attached.

Is this bad? Here's a picture of the plant now:

[​IMG]

I think it's doing okay. I love the purple tinge it has on the tips of the leaves.

Since the main stem is so long, would putting soil in (hydroponics "dirt" plugs) be beneficial? Would the plant sprout roots up higher to create a stronger plant?

I also have these two going:

Amnesia Haze (Sativa)

[​IMG]

BlueberryxIlDiovolo

[​IMG]

Been in seedling stage for a few days, going to feed them late next week.

Thanks for any advice.

2. They all look good.

If they are stretching then your lights needs to be a little closer. Depending on your lights.

3. I don't feed until they have the third set of true leaves.
    I had 3 plants sprout up to 14 inches in three days then they just popped leaves and kept growing they couldn't hold themselves up so I buried the stems down about 3/4 of the way at the first transplant. I dug down a bit after a week, new roots were sprouting just below the soil they grew so vigorously after that they passed up my clones that were a month ahead of them.
    Then 3 weeks later the last seed sprouted same deal it shot up to 14 inches so I repeated all the steps and even it passed the clones up, sadly it was a male.

So I ended up with 2 males and 2 females. That grew so fast and vigorous I couldn't just kill the males off so I bred a pair for seeds.
    I am in flower now since Feb 12 and the buds on the female are bigger fatter and there are more of them than either clone. They still grew tall so I lst'd the one I kept for bud.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk