First Grow- Week 6 - flowering w/ pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by derismith88, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hi all-
    This is my first grow and I am currently in week 6 of flowering. I have some macro shots of the bud below and am curious how they are looking. In terms of size it is about 3 inches from the top to the bottom part

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Your buds look beautiful! You're doing a great job for your first grow!!!

Do you have a loupe or microscope where you can check out the trichomes for color? That will be your best method for insuring that you harvest at the right time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the reply! Not yet. I was thinking that my 150mm Macro lens for my camera would work well, but now I'm second guessing that. What do you recommend is better the Loupe or microscope?

4. I use a 40x loupe that I bought on Amazon for less than 15 dollars....it's very handy for checking trichomes without having to remove parts of the plant for analysis. A microscope is nice, but the loupe is much handier in my opinion.

Again, your buds are looking great!

5. Loupe's work great...I see some amber trich's in the macro shots you posted

6. Just ordered a loupe. Ya that's what I was wondering, I actually was able to see quite a few amber trichs (harder to differentiate between the clear and opaque in the pictures). If it wasn't only week 6 i would probably be thinking it was time to harvest based on the amber.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Do you have any pics of the whole plant?

8. see picture attached

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Another couple off weeks maybe 3 Imo, looking good though, what width are they?

10. About an inch across. should i be expecting them to swell quite a bit in the next 3 weeks/

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah they'll swell out

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looks good...I'm just wondering why you have so many amber trich's @ 6 weeks of flower

13. I'm wondering that too lol

14. Lookin good for your first grow.

15. Quite common in some strains , my blueberry twist is pretty much the same on her 7th week

16. Looks good. What strain

17. Northern Lights.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Your girl looks awesome, i think mine are lacking (Paris OG starting week 6 today).

Attached Files: