First grow Want input and will update often w/ pics.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kingo123, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Hello everyone!

It's my first grow here in DC and I would like any and all input please.

The taller one's strain is cherry pie. The stuff I get is from CA and I randomly found 1 lonely seed in a nug. So hopefully it's cherry pie! That was some tasty stuff.

The shorter one is a Girl Scout cookie seed that I got from a friend.

So far......

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449703345.272736.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449703382.945555.jpg

2. What kind of lighting are you using?

3. Best of luck to you man. Congrats on growing. Your sprouts are reaching for light, which is a good indication your light is too far away or you need more of it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea that's what figured out after doing some more research. I'm in class right now but as soon as I get home I'll update y'all with the specifics.... Grow medium, lights , etc. Thanks for the support. We can watch "OUR" babies grow.

5. Quick question though. Am I putting un-needed stress on the plants by trying to LST them since they're so young? Planted Dec. 4th from a very quick and healthy germination.

6. I wouldn't worry about LST until after they have a,few nodes on em, I usually start after the third or fourth.

7. Ok cool thanks. I don't want to stress them out for no reason

8. Well that's the idea behind this particular technique lol you can start sooner if you'd like, that is just a personal preference.

9. Can anybody tell me what the hell is going on here? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449809909.228966.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449809921.717087.jpg

Why is she reaching for the sky?

10. I meant to update this sooner but here's what I'm working with at the moment.

I am more than willing to change whatever I need to change. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449810116.628779.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1449810138.426280.jpg

11. Congrats on your first grow, I swear it's life changing! The bulb that you're using looks like an incandescent which is not okay for growing anything. That's why you're stretching so badly your babies are essentially in the dark. Put them on a widow sill and get to a store to buy a 6500k CFL bulb (5000k will work too). You can get one for under $10 at most grocery stores, Walmart or hardware stores.

12. yep i agree, change the light and that should stop her stretching.

13. Hey y'all! Sorry about being MIA. I was in the middle of moving into my new place and getting wifi etc set up.

I over watered #1 due to poor draining at the bottom of the 20oz Coke bottle that I planted her in. I drilled holes at the bottom of the bottle but I guess I didn't make em big enough. I transplanted them into bigger pots before she got a chance to dry up a bit.

14. I realise there is a couple of weeks between the last pics and the minor update. Here's some notes on what was happening 11th december

1. Miraclegro soil is not ideal, but it's not worth stressing about. I would suggest getting another bag of something from generic that doesn't make a big deal about being pre-fertilised, and mixing it 50/50 when you repot
    2. The plant is healthy but stretching because of low light. You can get a 23w CFL bulb that emits 1500 lumens, but you are using a 53w halogen bulb that emits half that for twice the energy. The bulb you have probably has some nice light spectrum in it actually, but not enough overall, so keep it but add one regular 23w (or more, household ones usually go up to about 35w) now, and expect to add at least 2 more over the next 2 weeks
    3. Your plant this size only needs about half a shotglass of water per day, but obviously some of the soil will naturally dry out so you need to use more than this. Even so, the amount you need to water it is very small, or very rarely. When it is hotter or when it is bigger it needs more, but generally it is good to let the soil dry out quite a bit before you water it.

By now I'd expect to see 3-4 bulbs (i.e. 5000+ lumens, more=better), probably in a 3-5 litre pot, and if it's being LSTd then it should be big enough to top it if not done already.

Hope it's going well, good luck!

15. Hey howando, thanks for your input. I have definitely put the little amount of watering needed for plants this size in my lessons learned for future grows.

I think I messed up a bit though.

I over watered her and then transplanted them into bigger pots. She doesn't look the healthiest right now but hopeful she'll bounce back.

I currently have 3 of these bad boys running and both of them have responded well to the new lights. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1450826665.152130.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1450826687.276075.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1450826711.319723.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1450826736.500440.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1450826754.826776.jpg

16. I am already worried about her current condition because she doesn't look good. She was healthy before I over watered her. I'm hoping once the soil dries up a bit and she has a chance to stretch her roots into her "new place" she'll perk back up.

17. If you potted it in well, you'll just have to wait a couple of days. As long as it is still alive, there is still hope.

They are very stretchy, and barely 3 nodes developed in all that height. They need a lot more light, more intensity of light. You need to get a bulb within a couple of inches of the leaves.

You could bend the stem over to make the plants shorter. The top of the plant will be more in line with the first set of nodes, and then you can lower the bulbs and get light to more of the plant.

18. Happy merry kwanzahanukkaramadan Christmas to all!

19. I just got back from NC. I had to go with the GF and tend to my BF duties.

Anywho, I thought I adjusted my timer correctly for their cycle but I'm sure the lights were on them the whole time I was gone. 48 hours give or take a few. They definitely grew and boy they look better than when I left them that's for sure.
    I'm still not sure about the over watered transplanted one. She's still looking a little droopy. She grew some more leaves too! I'll take pics tomm when I wake up. Peace!

20. Here's the status of Queef Latina (the over watered one) Lol No, that's not a typo.
    What do you guys/girls think she looks like? Are there signs of any kind of deficiencies or abundance's of anything?
    I started in miraclegro but then I transplanted her into a bigger pot with an organic soil from the hardware store. Should I be on the look out for issues arising from using another kind of soil to transplant them in?