First Grow - using hydro kit

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yotaman, Apr 3, 2008.

1. http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-journals/221439-first-grow.html

This is my first grow, and I'm looking for some advice.

1) I have a pump on every thirty minutes, then off for an hour, and off for 12 hours at night. Is this okay?

2) Currently it's under 2 CFL's that are on 24/7. I have a 400 watt HPS when I'm ready for 12/12. Should I add more CFLs? or just put it on the HPS for 18/6 for now?

3) Is my hydroton level high enough? It seems as if the drip ring soaks my plants, not sure if that's good or bad for them?

Please help, I've read alot on here, and couldn't really find the answers to my questions.

Thanks in advance! :smoking:

YM

2. someone please??

3. 1st, u need 1 plant per pot. yes u should get more cfls on them. that drip ring needs to lower, or more rocks. go to youtube & search "i grow chronic" watch all 9 parts, its not exactly what u got, but it will give u an idea on watering cycles, etc.

4. Ok thank you! I just put them under the HPS today on 18/6 so we'll see how that works out. I plan on getting 2 more of these systems soon, so I'm going to leave the 3 in there for now, and move 2 into the 2 buckets when I get them.

Thanks.

5. keep the drip on while the light is on. if the watering times you have work, then stick with them. But keep it running while the light is on.

6. Thanks for the advice!