First grow using coco

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dro86, Aug 16, 2012.

1. So I checked my plant today while my parents were gone. First time I checked on it in like a couple days, and it's looking pretty damn good. Here's a pic. I flushed it on Monday I believe, and didn't check on till today. Pic quality isn't that good, I didn't get to look at it long so I don't think it's that light of a green. Anyways any tips/advice or comments?

Attached Files:

2. Here's an update. Week 4, 2 days since it sprouted. Some mute burn, I watered about 4 days ago. Under one 23w CFL for now until I add a couple more. Gonna upgrade to a 150w hps soon or an led if I can get one cheap. Probably will get both cuz I'm gonna start another grow box within the next few weeks. Any advice? I'm on 18/6 for another 2-3 weeks then I'll switch over to 12/12 hopefully by that time I'll have the 150. Let me kno what you guys think!

3. Can't upload pic. I'll do it later today.

4. Here's the pic.

Attached Files:

5. Some more from today.

Attached Files:

6. im subbed....always wanted to watch a coco grow

7. Some more pics. Plant is about 33 days old from seed, still pretty small like 2-3 inches. Just wondering when can I top/fim? It still has a couple more weeks of vegging. Gonna switch to 12/12 when plant is about 1.5ft tall.

Attached Files:

8. thats 33 days from seed? :confused:

9. Yep, sprouted August 3. It's REALLY small for 33 days I know....

10. Some pics from yesterday.

Attached Files:

11. 5 weeks from seed tomorrow. Finally getting a bit bigger.

12. We had some problems at our grow when we first switched to coco. It wasn't as noticeable at first because we were using it mixed with peat, vermiculite, and perlite. The problem was that our plants were just growing slower than normal and were slightly yellow.

When we switched to an all coco mix the problem got much worse and the plants got very yellow. We tested the coco and it turns out that some coco contains a very high salt content so when you water with nutrients, which are mostly dissolved salts, the nutrients can't bind to the sites they would normally on the coco because there are already salts there. No matter how much food you give your plants they can't take it up because most of it flows right out with the runoff when you water.

Next time you pot up some soil, run several gallons through it. Just get a bucket or trashcan and drill some holes in the bottom and put your soil mix in it, then run water through the dirt for several minutes and it should reduce the salt content.

13. Ah so that's why it's so small lol thanks for tip I appreciate it. Didn't think of flushing the coco before I used it. Definitely will do it next time. How did ur plants turn out? I was thinking of getting some CalMag, would that help?

14. Here's some pics from this morning. 5 weeks from seed.

Attached Files:

15. here's a picture of plants that are 5 week from seed
    [​IMG]
    i used around %20 coco in the soil, hope that helps

16. Wow mines a midget lol I hope this doesn't affect my grow..

17. Haven't updated in a bit, been updating my journal. 6 weeks 2days from seed. Here's the new setup inside the tent. Been able to keep the temp around 73-78 this week cept for today it got over 85 for a bit. Topped it about a week ago I think n it's looking great.

Attached Files: