First grow update week 3-4

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tommyhen10, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Hey growers this is my first grow and so far I am more than happy with my progress! The two in the middle front have been going for 4 weeks now and the rest have been going for 3 they where all topped 2 days ago some fimmed ...... So far I haven't spent much money I got all my t5s from a buddy for $20 and some free seeds from him as well that came from some type of purp all of the plants have come from these seeds except the two in the middle front that a got from some bag seed ..... As far as soil and nutes go I'm using miracle grow organic potting soil to help with draining mixed with my grandmas homemade compost "from kitchen scraps" with some tortoise shit as well and as for the nutes I'm using the general organics go box around $40 (so far I love it) I add a little bit of molasses to help along the mycros as well as some gross organic whey protein I bought a while ago but couldn't bare the taste, just to add all the essential L amino acids ( make sure not to get any on your leaves) i go down to the river to get my water then ph it to around 6.3-6.5 some times I'll add a little milk to the water ( idk if this helps but I came across a farming website that talked about a group of farmers who added milk to the water and it increased there yields significantly) I only water once a week sometimes less I like to let the roots work for their water it makes for a stronger plant ....... That's just about it for my soil and nutes ....... I just set up a co2 maker this week and removed my intake and outtake fan and just leave the door cracked open a little ...... All u need to make some co2 for your grow room is some water yeast sugar and molasses ...... The yeast eats the sugar and molasses and pisses out alcohol witch produces co2 or you could use juice and make u a nice batch of home brew :) !

As for my grow closet I'm using 3 t5s during veg then plan on switching over to a 150 watt hps that's I bought for $50 on Amazon I have 3 small cheap desktop fans $7 each for airflow and I used tin foil for my reflective siding I've tried to keep it as cheap as possible while still trying to keep it professional...... This is my first grow so I'm not trying to spend a ton and I'm pretty much set on my supply's for a couple years to come till I decided to upgrade to a bigger grow ! Anyways thanks for checking out my post and feel free to comment some tips, I'm always looking for new ideas -TH

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Get lights closer they are stretching bad[​IMG]

Sent from my i708Q using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah that stretching was from a little while ago the node spacings starting to get tighter .... I just raised them a little more to

4. #4 Joker1121, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2016
    Good luck, mate. I would take down the tin foil- it makes poor reflector and can cause hot spots.. A flat white wall would do better for you. Since this is your first grow I would not add the supplements - molasses, whey protein, turtle shit, milk. These are all things you've probably picked up here and there. I wouldn't recommend this kind of hit and miss supplementation to your organic feeding on your first grow. When you get a successful grow under your belt, then experiment if you like. They definitely need more light- the white wall would help there. Please fill your pots with soil, instead of 2/3 soil. That is just wasted space that could be used for food, 02, water- things plants like. Bury up to the first node. As I said, good luck. Instead of following a good grow guide you are experimenting with too many things at once- all the additives- too much. Not enough proper equipment. Use your HPS now, don't wait.

5. Ok u just wait bud

6. [quote name="Joker1121" post="22395222" timestamp="1456484916"]Good luck, mate. I would take down the tin foil- it makes poor reflector and can cause hot spots.. A flat white wall would do better for you. Since this is your first grow I would not add the supplements - molasses, whey protein, turtle shit, milk. These are all things you've probably picked up here and there. I wouldn't recommend this kind of hit and miss supplementation to your organic feeding on your first grow. When you get a successful grown under your belt, then experiment if you like. They definitely need more light- the white wall would help there. Please fill your pots with soil, instead of 2/3 soil. That is just wasted space that could be used for food, 02, water- things plants like. Bury up to the first node. As I said, good luck. Instead of following a good grow guide you are experimenting with too many things at once- all the additives- too much. Not enough proper equipment. Use you HPS now, don't wait.[/quote

I have family over in England and I can tell u that not one person over there knows anything about growing that's for sure poor quality and small sacks what u guys call a 10 over there is a 30 over here

I'm not just randomly picking things up here and there these or things ur plants need! I suppose u don't use any nutes ?

7. Well, as I said , mate, best of luck with your grow. I wish you a bountiful harvest. Didn't mean to upset you.