first grow. tips and pointers anyone?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kellerkeels, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Yea it's slow because you stressed it from nute burn and then shocked it from transplanting...plus they go slow at first till they have a good root system..just because it's not growing on top doesn't mean it's not doing anything it's growing roots..plus you still have barely enough light they recommend 100w per plant...also you should be using more red for flowering which is 2700k..you can use a bunch of 25w ones or get a 125w one for like 40

2. Oh well I'm still vegging and usin the daylight cfls. And I have roughly 75 w pet plant and I heard 100 for one and 50 for every plant after that so will I be okay with those lights?

3. Look on the box and see what the temp is (3500k, 5000k, ect) the lower the number the more red and better for flowering

4. Oh yeah they're at 6500k. Should start flowering at this point or veg for a bit longer. I have bulbs at 2500k for when I start to flower. I wasn't planning on flowering for another week or so

5. I would veg until they start growing fast because that means they have a well established root system...the 2500k are good you can even use the 6500k with them for more lumens if you have space and sockets...they make splitters also so you can have 2 sockets off one or even 3 if you hook a splitter to a splitter...can't see if you use those

6. I don't I actually just have 6 desk lamps. I gotta look into splitters when I get more money

7. Should I add nutes next watering (3 days from now) or should I wait til the watering after that

8. Depends..can you notice the growth yet or do they seem slow still? I'm thinking you should wait since that FF soil has nutes and they're still making a root system if they're not getting noticeably bigger

9. They're still growing noticeably, more leaves, but still short and stubby with small leaves

10. Yea you can hit them with a low dose then...I'm not sure on when to start flowering though never flowered with cfl so not sure how much they'll stretch and how much yield they get

11. Well I have book that is about cfl growing and it says I should have started veging two days ago which seemed way too early. But I was thinking maybe I should even though they're small because the darkness will make them grow more. Or should I wait for my lst plant to make it's ways big enough to bs around the plant