First Grow- Tips and comments

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SpecEv420, May 23, 2016.

1. New to Grasscity as well as growing! I've done my research over the years but just now got the chance to try myself. I'll give you guys the layout of my set up as well as a few pictures so please throw any ideas, tips, comments you have. First off, I'm using Fox Farms Ocean Forest with the Tappin' Roots Nutrients. Soil PHd at 6.3 nutrient solution at an average 6.5-7.0 ph. Just starting feeding when seeing vegetative signs such as multiple nodes and small inner growth. Currently have 5 plants under a 35 watt Led, a 4000k 20w CFL, and two 14 w 6000k CFLs. I plan on getting more lighting soon, but they seem to be doing fine for now. Also moving them into a new grow tent in a few days that had a dehumidifier and 4 14w CFLs installed already.
    Give me feedback on this pls!
    q's I have:
    -Is the multiple spectrum lighting system beneficial?
    -Will 160 watts of light be enough for a few more weeks until I buy a 400 w MH?
    -when is a good time to start FIMing and LST?
    - I know ways, but what is the BEST way to control odor?
    -what are your favorite types of lighting for flowering phase?
    -opinions on plants?
    -Opinions on tallest plant vs others.. (Has an overall different look, possible male?)
    Sorry for the long post thanks to those who read and reply!

Attached Files:

2. Lighting should be ok,but I'd add some more cfl's if possible.
    I start plant training when the plant has 4-6 nodes
    The best, and IMO only effective way to control odors is a carbon filter with fan. Takes care of ventilation at the same time.
    Plants look good so far man good luck and happy growing! :love-mj2:

3. Lighting should be ok,but I'd add some more cfl's if possible.
    The best, and IMO only effective way to control odors is a carbon filter with fan. Takes care of ventilation at the same time.

4. Lighting should be ok,but I'd add some more cfl's if possible.

5. Lighting should be ok,but I'd add some more cfl's if possible.

6. Sorry about the multiple posts my phones kina tripping lol

7. No worries Growinganja, I appreciate the reply! In a few days I will be adding four 15 watt CFLs to hold them over for the next few weeks until I purchase an MH. I only have one plant that is almost ready for FIMing (almost to 4th node) but it seems to be a male as it looks different and is growing more rapidly than the others. We'll see I guess...Thanks for the advice!