First grow tips/advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bigger-in-Texas, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I am currently waiting on my 7-9 seeds to germinate using the paper towel method. I will be using very moist and clumpy soil I dug up from my yard( I broke the clumps up to a finer consistency) in a small clay pot. I am just gunna leave it in my backyard and water every 3 days. Any hints/advice/tips from other growers for a low-maintenance and cheap plant is welcome!!!

2. Depends on what your yard's soil is like. If it's darker and has a lot of organic material in it you may be ok. Otherwise if it's more of a Texas desert or clay type soil you'll need to work in some worm castings, perlite, and/or compost. Check the PH that should be 6.3 - 6.8. And do a little reading up on growing thru these forums, like most here would tell you. Good luck and happy growing.

3. man, not sure if growing in texas outside is a good thing. The weather there is all fucked up and cant make up its mind half the time. Move indoors like a closet or something better to control some of that hell hole heat or frozen winters. also watch out for those random storms popping in