First grow tent purchase

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by roccus, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Getting ready to pull the trigger to buy my first grow set up. I plan to do 2 plants at a time and hoping to get between 3 and 4 oz per grow cycle (sog). I wanted to keep the cost to $500 for everything needed including the tent, lights, inline duct fan, circulating fan, timer, humidity/temp gauge, 5 gal cloth pots, PH test kit.

I come in at right about my 500 mark from amazon with the following... (no filter yet maybe down the road)
    VIVOSUN 36"x36"x72" Tent

2- MAXSISUN Dimmable 300W LED lights

VIVOSUN 6 Inch 390 CFM Inline Duct Fan with Variable Speed

iPower Non-Insulated 6" Ducting

July miracle timer

Holmes Lil' Blizzard 8-Inch Oscillating

BUBBLEBAGDUDE Grow Bags 5-Pack

Temperature Controller 2 Stage Heating and Cooling Mode (figure this may be handy for temp control)

Dr.meter Soil Moisture Meter Sunlight PH Acidity 3-in-1 Soil Tester Kit

AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor

Carson MicroBrite Plus 60x-120x Power LED Lighted Pocket Microscope

Apollo Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger

1-Set Indefectible Popular GH pH Control Hydroponics Tool Adjustment Combo Acid Alkaline Up and Down Volume 8 oz with 1 oz Indicator

I know I also will need to pick out soil and nutes still... I will go organic. But other than that this should be everything I need to get started from what I have read..... anyone think this set up will not work very well??

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don't waste your money on the 3 in 1 meter, it's not worth the 10.00.....I run a tent very similar in size and a 4" inline fan works perfect at half speed so you can save money there as well....I've never read about the brand of lighting that you're using, but MarsHydro makes a good LED 300 watt panel for about 70.00 each....be sure to budget for your soil and other random grow supplies that u will need ....pick up some PH test strips for bout 6.00 at your local hydro shop to test your runoff....other than that you should well prepared....happy growing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Your light is only 142watts - good for only one plant.

4. I plan on getting 2 lights I was told 2 300W lights would be better than 1 600W light.... was also looking at the Kingbo 300W lights they are a little less money

5. That one's only 120 watts.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mars hydro makes good budget LEDs. I'm new to this too bud. Stay away from the Amazon lights I've been told

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah you are gonna probably need more light. Quantum board?? Def something I am interested in. Check it out. I would say go hps if you have to exhaust fans for it and one probably wont do the job from past experience...

8. Quantum a little more than I can spend right now.... after I get going can always upgrade down the road would just like to get started soon... is it ok to grow 2 different strains at the same time???

9. Did you start a grow already?

10. Not yet still waiting on some stuff but I should have it going in a week or so. I'm in a heavy research phase lol. Buying everything a pay day at a time

• Like Like x 1
  11. I hear ya.... so many choices and decisions... I will probably put my order in toward the end of the month I will have finished a big job by then, get paid for it and have the money and just get everything in one order except the soil, nutes and seeds.

Meanwhile like you in research/home work mode I spend near a couple hours here and around the net an evening just reading and learning from others then when I hit the sack I watch a few you tube vids before going to sleep.... I must say after watching vids and viewing pics of beautiful plants and buds a few hours before going to sleep has been giving me some happy dreams!!! LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Holy God of the Grow!!!
    ..A member that really studies and thinks before starting a 1st grow..
    If you haven't found it by now..here's another for you to study..LOL (a Fab site:))
    www.growweedeasy.com

BTW: 5 of five for your efforts!! :)

dolphin_joint.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. LOL.... yes that is a great site I get their free news letter as well....

14. That site has been awesome for me as well. It's awesome learning about this stuff I can't imagine just dropping a seed and winging it. I have to have the mindset when I study this stuff that I'm growing medicine. It should be done right!

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think you get out of it what you put into it... I have learned so much here and lucky for us those who have been doing this for a while are willing to share their knowledge with us to help us get up and running to minimize some bad mistakes. I know I am really looking forward to apply what I have learned so far to my first grow soon.

So now I have an idea on grow equipment I think I will go with, next is deciding on soil or coco and nutes... they both seem to have advantages, maybe I will do one pot soil and one pot coco?